WES 0.09% $65.18 wesfarmers limited

overtake wow date, page-20

1. 1,976 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    ....to the sound of champagne corks popping....

eventually, only a cent, but tomorrow is another day.

I went into Woolies Bega and Coles Bega this morning ( I usually only buy fruit and veg at the Fyshwick FRESH {and I mean Fresh} Fruit markets in Canberra on regular visits.)

Woolies is a joke. Fresh? You have got to be joking. Crappy stale seconds. Compared to Fyshwick 2 to 2.5 up to 3 times standard prices. Coles, however, was a real surprise. I bought honeydews,pears,avacados and bananas at Fyshwick (and less) prices. Might have been a rare snapshot, but on this occasion they were ultra-competitive.

Aldi's already in Cooma and the word is the Bega Valley isn't too far away. If Bega is a litmus test, Coles market share will be healthy, but Woolies may face a buyer backlash. Consumers are smarter and fussier. A bit of govt assistance thrown at Aldi, Costco and future insurgents might just really push the competition juggernaut along a bit, much to the benefit of the average shopper. The $10 gap at the start of the year between WOW and WES has evaporated. How long before it flips polarity?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WES (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$65.18
Change
0.060(0.09%)
Mkt cap ! $73.92B
Open High Low Value Volume
$65.58 $65.78 $64.94 $90.24M 1.382M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1176 $65.18

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$65.19 2154 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WES (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.