overvalued currency, page-17

1. 25,581 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    Hi omeara

because they know we can afford to pay more.

I think that is only a part of the story.

We have all read/heard stories about people who have won the lotto and within 6 months they have blown the lot, basically due to the fact that they, their families have never had money and don't know how to handle it

20/40 years ago when I dealt with people who wanted to build an expensive house, they were comfortable with money, they knew what money could buy, just because they had it did not mean that they would spend it or throw it away.

We now have a big percentage of people who are like the lottery winners they have no conception of money, they do not ask or get value for money, they get quite large amounts of money from wages and business deals, more money than their parents ever knew existed, it is all "new" money

So when a price is asked they literately pull out a wad of money and pay with no thought of value

We have to change the culture and if we have a meltdown of the economic system these people will be then saying I wish I had put a bit away for a rainy day

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.