VYS 1.52% 32.5¢ vysarn limited

Depends on a traders strategy- some traders never ever make a 10...

1. 1,149 Posts.
    Depends on a traders strategy- some traders never ever make a 10 bagger when a stock is running... As they take profits all the way up and get stuck on a SP in their head.

Small Cap traders whom strive for a 10 bagger may have 10 selected companies and for better or worse will ride these companies up and down. If 1 from the 10 proves to be a 10 bagger then it is more than likely you have greatly outperformed the market.

Whilst I understand profit taking as an essential strategy at times... I am becoming more and more a beleiver in seeing great companies with HUGE potential like MHM through for the LT. As I missed out on some huge profits by profit taking in 2010. Even if only a percentage of your shares, you cannot help back regret. If only I did not sell down the SSN shares to freeride at 2.5c. If only not selling 25% of MHM at 50c to half free ride.

You calculate the opportunity lost and I missed out on over $300,000 extra if I simply stuck and held with this great up and coming companies. Even if made great profits with the remainder of shares.

As you always have a larger percentage of shares that do nothing all year long. 2 from 8 for me is a goer. Some years 1, some 3. Yet I am done with profit taking from these booming companies. Stick with the fundamentals of the story and base you target on this.

Worldwide JV I will stick for years. No JV Ann then target of $2.3 for my money.

Many different strategies- I always get very jealous to hear of see some whom only pick 3 small caps and MHM one of them. 1 from 3 strike rate is unbelieveable and you are either an extraordinary researcher or dam lucky. I never had 3 from 10 pa. 2007 was 2 from 14. Hopefully 2010 will be 2 from 8. Decreasing how many small cap companies pa due to spending more research time on each, many emails, thoroughly look through reports and pressos, talk with Directors\Investor relations and ultimately go see them face to face if you a large investor.

As I note Askier does the above thus I believe his detailed research on a select few he short lists allows him to outperform the market year after year. He seems to have disapeared for now... probably in Phuket buying my Condo I had reserved for 2012. Lol.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VYS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
32.5¢
Change
-0.005(1.52%)
Mkt cap ! $138.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
32.5¢ 33.0¢ 32.5¢ $9.277K 28.51K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1867 32.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
33.0¢ 89629 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.38am 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VYS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.