DXI 0.34% $2.93 dexus industria reit.

overview of sugarkane, page-241

1. 8,316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 180
    estseon

1/ kowalik would either face an acid wash/frac or they can cement the entire well casing and frac the entire well.

2/the fishing out of the drill string is expensive and complex but not out the reach of technology available today. its done a lot and its a standard operation generally, there are crews extremely experienced in this type of operation. my concern is the well costs right now there.

this from saf..

Safiande - 6 Feb'09 - 10:09 - 50258 of 50307

Pioneer expecting “ tremendous results “ from Eagle Ford well 3000ft lateral.
    Well drilled in DeWitt next to Karnes. Expected to be fracced in late March / early Apr.

Pioneer 4th qtr earnings 4 Feb 2009 Transcript
    Scott D. Sheffield - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

“In addition in the same area, and where we feel like as a sweet spot, very comparable to Petrohawk's recent two discoveries. In regard to the Eagle Ford Shale we completed our 3,000 foot lateral. We did call it, we're analyzing it and we will frac that well next month in March, expecting tremendous results from this well in the Eagle Ford Shale play.”

“The Eagle Ford Shale, of course is shown on slide 18, is an important growth area, in a sense that we have about 310,000 acres under lease, it just happens to coincide with the Edwards Trend acreage as shown on yellow on slide 18. We even have acreage, it's very close to juxtapose to the Petrohawk recent discoveries. In fact, in a couple of cases we've got 15,000 acres juxtaposed about a mile away from the more Southwest of the Petrohawk wells. And, we've got about 6,000 gross acres about 8 miles away from where the next completion is expected. So we'll probably be pursuing some drilling in these areas looking ahead.
    Notwithstanding that we would believe, that our acreage in general will have equal prospectivity to some of the results you're seeing with Petrohawk, and we'll be pursuing that looking ahead. And we have as Scott has already mentioned, one well, we drill a 3,000 foot lateral along. But right in the midst right now, as we're evaluating the core and these objective being properly design the frac for this well which is anticipated at the end of March or into early April. But this is something looking ahead that has substantial resource potential, and we think can really grow our South Texas operations.”

“Brian Singer - Goldman Sachs
    Wanted to check in on backlog on both the oil and the gas side if you look to lower 48 onshore, how much production do you have behind pipe or are waiting completion?
    Scott Sheffield
    Yes, I'm surprised by the comments that I have seen a lot of people are doing that. Most leases in the U.S., most royalty owners do not allow you to unless it's on a held by production lease. So we have zero, very little and so the articles that I have seen in new releases you can not drill a well and leave it shut in, you'll loose your lease. And so its got be on held by production leases that people are doing at. So I don't understand the companies that are doing that you really have to ask them.
    Brian Singer - Goldman Sachs
    Okay. And I guess the flipside is when you do start drilling again if commodity prices improve would you expect an immediate production ramp or is there some delay that one should expect?
    Scott Sheffield
    It will be a lag period of about at least three months. Obviously, in South Texas with the top of the wells that we make 8 million to 10 million a day, you'll see a big ramp up there. In Spraberry, it will be a slower ramp because the type of well. Raton will be a slower ramp so it varies by area.
    Brian Singer - Goldman Sachs
    Okay. And then lastly, on the Pierre, Eagle Ford and Edwards, what gas price would you need to see to get more aggressive in drilling is that the $6 or there different numbers for those three basins?
    Scott Sheffield
    I'm going to say $6 with the appropriate well cost that we see are coming done. We will definitely get more aggressive”
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/118572-pioneer-natural-resources-q4-2008-earnings-call-transcript?page=2

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DXI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.