GDO 0.00% 30.0¢ gold one international limited

overview, page-43

1. 5,507 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 326
    Hey Mav. I know NF had troubles with U1, & initially was overly ambitious with his targets for GDO, but since I bought in things have pretty much all been going to plan. They got through an industrial dispute very well, and having been continually ramping up production. Surely he must be doing something right.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about what went wrong with U1. Some have said issues were partly beyond his control. Maybe, maybe not. I'm more interested in his recent record, which to me looks pretty good.

I'm not in a hurry for instos to start trusting him again either. The longer he can go on proving himself, the longer I get to analyse where this may be heading (share price wise), and the more chances I get to top up.

On the other hand, if he does stuff up, I'll just have to quit my holdings. So far, that isn't the case. Still need more info re this Rand U deal though. On the surface, and with my belief that gold & uranium will continue higher over the next few years, it should turn out to be a good deal. The risks are in the exececution, and in a large short term correction in the gold price.

Not sure if there's any truth to these takeover rumours. Personally, I don't care. Having the Chinese on board with a decent shareholding, that they're not just going to flick off because they made 10% profit or whatever, is a good thing imo.

As for Goliath, I'm quite happy that they separated that out. It gives more transparency. Not sure whether megamine will ever get developed though. It will take a higher gold price I reckon, and plenty of dilution. Let's hope GDO can realise some value from it. I don't want them to put in any more money. Would be happy for their holding to get diluted if the project is put in motion.

I hope they can still handle Ventersberg now that they've got Rand. There's a lot on their plate & it's going to take some serious management to bring everything to fruition. Is NF the right guy? Who knows.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.