MSB 1.01% 98.0¢ mesoblast limited

Overwhelming efficacy - the stats required, page-412

1. 2,126 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1777
    (Sorry, my teacher mind kicked in here to help us condense the hypotheses so far! )
    Therefore, if we interpolate the information from the announcement that we were not stopped for futility, we can reasonably assume, using @kervio and @omnisearch 's models, that...

1) On @omnisearch's models, given a 30% treated mortality, we can safely estimate a range of 83-88 people who have demonstrated an improvement of statistical significance.

2) On @kervio's models, given a 30% treated mortality, I agree with @IronMike94 that its more reasonable to believe that the 'uninformed' prior was used. My reasoning is that these results were going off a lot of the prior information known about C-19 ARDS' inflammatory mechanism of action (M1 macrophage activation, elevated interleukin markers) is very very similar to the MOA in GVHD which provided the 'compelling' evidence for using Rem-L to treat this indication as the results are very clear in how it addresses the inflammation pathways.

Hence, it would not be a 'skeptical' prior, but an 'uninformed' one.

Using the data from the Mt Sinai trial (and the info from the announcement dated 23/04/20), the key results were:
    1) 83% (10 out of 12) in ventilator-dependant C-19 patients who were classified as moderate/severe
    2) 75% (9 out of 12) have come off ventilator support within a median time of 10 days

Conservatively, we can then reasonably assume that the estimated survival rate is at least 70% if the patients in the cohort were moderate/severe in terms of rating on the Berlin Criteria.

Therefore, if we are looking at a survival rate of close to 70%, I can see why we were not halted at 30% for futility, and to add, I believe that there is a very high probability of the trial being stopped due to 'overwhelming efficacy' at the 45% mark, should the survival rate hold true.

O/T: I've absolutely loved the 'productive struggle' (hehe @Wilba32 were you a teacher in a previous life? ) in looking at both models and making some sense of it.

Would love to hear all your thoughts?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
98.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.01%)
Mkt cap ! $1.118B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.02 97.0¢ $2.821M 2.832M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20688 97.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.0¢ 35000 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.