overwhelming support to axe negative gearing, page-102

1. 17,185 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 600
    what a garbage post,

stop telling these people furphys,

houses are not loss making machines that are subsidised by the government, were did you go to school??

when an investment property is bought, it is bought at the market price just like a share on the asx,

the property values go up and down just like a share on the asx except that a house is held for ever until you get into retirement or you think that you've made enough money and you want to cash it in and you can then sell that house for what ever the market price is at that time,

it doesnt matter if its 7 years or 25 years, the intrinsic value of the property is worth 10 times or more in the future than what it is today,

you all know i have an investment property and i was negatively geared for 4 years until the rents caught up to my outgoings,

i am now positively geared and im also about to put the rents up again, which means that i will actually be making money in my pocket after all my expenses are taken out,

i pay tax on the money from the rent which goes to the tax department, do you understand what ive just said??????????????

i pay tax on the money from the rent which goes to the tax department, plus the tenant pays tax, we all pay tax everywhere,

whats left over after i pay tax goes into my pocket, plus my property value is increasing every year, yes that's right its increasing every year,

you people are getting caught up in an argument that has no substance at all,

history tells us that property values will never go down to the value that you originally bought it at, either the world blows up or you bought a cave out in wolf creek,

i asked my gran dad about eight years ago before he died what he would have liked to have done better,

his answer was that he would have bought as many houses as the bank would have let him,

stop giving thumbs up to garbage posts that don't know what negative gearing is,

get an education from someone that's got investment properties and not from some one who hides behind a made up name on a chat forum,

happy new year,

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.