overwhelming support to axe negative gearing, page-141

1. 7,196 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    I wonder if someone like Malaga, Sector or Acorn could help explain to me why there was a need for the Govt. to impliment a NRAS/program for affordable rental if Neg Gearing works to increase/meet demand new affordable rental dwellings..the answer to me seems obvious it either did little, or very little.

For me the NRAS was a patch for a hole in the bucket that the property industry lobby groups said they could cover by pouring sand into the bottom of the bucket..

Here is one reason i think Neg Gearing can be bad for supply..

Negative gearing helps to make it hard for or disadvantages a certain type of investor..the new mid and long-termers looking for positive cash flow from residential or the established ones looking to expand their portfolio..

and because new supply prices are pushed up as a result of increased speculative price rises the return needed to make a reasonable level of neg income instead of an overly large neg income is likely to lead to investors asking/seeking ever higher rents anyway so either way rents will usually track prices, and if it doesnt it eventually will..

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.