overwhelming support to axe negative gearing, page-157

1. 7,189 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Acorn

I have seen some of those for rent and it does seem affordable to me but that all depends on household income, if your household income is below $40k a year its unlikely you'll be able to afford anything in a metro area in Perth. So even if you go outwards your unlikely to find anything and will prob need Govt. housing. I said NRAS was another govt attempted patch (propably thought up with the assitance of the property industry lobby groups or members from the industry) i never said I believe it was good or it works.

"Back to ng. As property returns are relatively low , it's going to interesting to see how property investing goes long term."

You then need to ask the question why is RESIDENTIAL property returns low. Generally other forms of property investment have pretty good returns.

For those who think that FHB or other buyers can be priced out of the market forever..it can't happen and it won't happen..again show me a developed democratic country on this planet that has that issue (other than a tax haven or some small island/country somewhere that is a favored holiday retirement destination for the rich).

A rebalance will occur be it via price, income or supply it is going to occur..

The japanese had that problem, maybe it still does (have not done my ressearch on that market) but look at what happened to its property market.

Also consider the UK or England if you like.. how old is that market, have people been forever priced out of the market there, or the US or...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.