overwhelming support to axe negative gearing, page-180

1. 36,918 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Quackie ,

"Maybe i just don't explain myself very well. the NRAS is set up to help alleviate rental affordability for a certain group of renters who seem to have temporarily been hit hard by an increase in rents in certain place, Perth is an example."

Have you looked at the NRAS website ? Quite a few of the properties are inner city Melbourne and Brisbane . I could understand them in Karratha or Gladstone maybe . But not a major city where it's not temporary . NRAS is good for up to 10 years . Temporary ?

" IT (NRAS) was NOT meant to provide accommodation for no-income to low income households..these households will generally always require govt housing. "

Check the income requirements on the website , I think you'll find it is .

" Well if you would like to ask someone who owns a 'real' commercial property who had bought in Perth say prior to 2006 they will tell you that they have made a motza in capital gains. They will also tell you that they made a motza in rental income as well..~7.0%+ pa, what has residential been averaging? "

So , are you saying that's your property ? Go to the commercial real estate pages and look at the returns offered . 7-8% , sometimes more . Been like that for a long time . Why , because there's not a lot of capital growth necessarily and it can be a lot harder to find a tenant .

Not much point singling out one property in Perth , look at the whole industry .

There's a few posters on here who talk about commercial property . I'd be real interested to get their views on this .

If commercial property was that good , the smsf's would be buying them with their ears pinned back .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.