OXR oxiana limited

oxiana's response to shooting, page-2

1. 627 Posts.
    Was in Laos a couple of years ago for a couple of months. Yes violence is sporadic and country is generally peaceful. However it is a communist country with a gereatric, corrupt leadership way out of touch with the real world. Whel I was there in the capital I saw an unoffical curfew (but only if you're on a mootorbike - cars are for the rich) and various locals picked up by the army and taken off to god knows where for "questioning". Gives you a creepy feeling when you see it happening.

I guess this regime won't last forever and there are tensions in the government between Chinese and Vietnamese backed factions. Also the Thais have some concerns - border incidents etc.

As one french guy who owned ran a business said to me "At some point something will happen and the foreigners will be blamed - my bags are alwys packed and will leave the country within minutes".

I guess the problem for OXR is that they can't pick up the mine and leave.

Having said that - the above post and info seems reassuring and accurate as far as I know. The roads are so bad in Laos that the Sepon mine is a couple of days driving from Vang Vieng where the incident occured. So I'd guess say no problem really but can't discount the country risk.

Cheers
    hots

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OXR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.