QAN 0.00% $7.42 qantas airways limited

oxygen bottle, page-24

1. 696 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Your welcome Dino. Thanks for your kind comments regarding the profession; lately you don’t hear many. You get some strange looks in the terminal, so these days I’m not sure what the public think of us.

Never flown the “trippler.” I did have a chance last year but it involved a move to Dubai, so I didn’t go through with it. I agree it’s a magic machine. I think we will all be further amazed with the B787 when it shows up.

You might be interested to know that all twins will have a better climb than tris’ or quads due to certification rules. Basically because if you lose one eng you lose ½ the power instead of ¼ in the case of a jumbo . So if all engines are working she will climb like a beast.
    Landings depend upon many factors and which aircraft you are landing. Weather is a large factor. Your not looking for a smooth landing on a small runway, gusty x/winds and in rain; you just want it on in the right spot. Hmmm, ask anyone who flys into Maroochydore? The 767 was much more forgiving than the 737 due the undercarriage design. The 747 similarly is more generous and has a large ground affect cushion and sheer weight (inertia) to help stability out as well. I should add, I have only landed her in the sim. The bogie design on the larger Boeings can embarrass the though little 737, where the difference between a ‘greaser’ and an ‘ouch’ is a couple of inches. 737 is like an over-engineered sports car and is much more hands on to fly than the wide-bodies, but we still all love her just the same.

Look luck all on Mondays open.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.