IVR 4.88% 3.9¢ investigator resources ltd

OZ and it's juniors, page-6

1. 5,288 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 890
    Hi Au digit 1 and all IVRers,

Goldie.... hope you don't mind the jesting with your 'call sign' (once only wont use it again !!)

Seems you and Mrs Goldie had a top time sailing the oceans and came back to OZ all cheered up. Especially with your baby IVR.

Have been following OZL for many a year and the Juniors it gets into bed with.... interesting.

A question for you or to anyone with some geology knowledge: (taken from a posting from HC poster on OZL's site) :-
    --------------
    From a geological perspective Maslins is interpreted as a 6 kilometre long residual gravity anomaly with a modelled depth to a basement of approximately 600 metres with survey data indicating that it lies within a deep conductive trend that includes the Olympic Dam, Carapateena and Prominent Hill deposits.
    ---------------
    depth to a basement of approximately 600 metres
    My understanding of a 'basement' is 'the bottom' of something yet I get the feeling that the statement means. in this case, :-

" the top of the targeted ore body..." " we need to drill to at least 600mtrs before we hit (possible) pay dirt ????
    OR
    "600 meters should see us at the bottom of the ore body"

My understanding is - (and looking at the 3d images) is the 600mts down is at the top of the targeted ore body ????

The Phantom GWW is a little curious ---- re mining terminology. Sometimes the understanding to the novice can be challenging !!

Keep safe all and enjoy the journey --------

Here is the meaning from a dictionary:-
    ==============
    basement
    /ˈbeɪsm(ə)nt/
    noun

1. the floor of a building which is partly or entirely below ground level.
      "they went down the stairs into the basement"
      synonyms:cellar,vault,crypt,undercroft,underground room,catacomb;More

• GEOLOGY
        the oldest formation of rocks underlying a particular area. basement rocks

th
    ===============

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.