CTP 3.70% 5.2¢ central petroleum limited

oz csg sector timeline, page-3

1. 864 Posts.
    Hi Ya,
    We're stalking the same oil/gas speccies. The ill-fated MEO and now CTP, though I think CTP is far lower risk given it's current share price and likelihood of proving massive reserves. Good to read your input into CTP now that MEO is no longer any fun to discuss.

If 1 tonne of coal can produce 20GJ of gas as outlined in the '1 trillion tonnes of coal for $40 million' thread and CTP has that 1 trillion tonnes of coal, then that is potentially a great many GJ's, and the majors will pay up to $4 for each of those GJ's at 2P status.

I look forward to CTP receiving a takeover bid of $80 trillion. Without doing in depth calcs, once I convert my options I'm pretty sure I'll be a billionaire several times over and it's about time too.

Possibly this takeover price is unlikely, given that it would bankrupt the universe, but the figures you've provided, demonstrate the startling level of upside to CTP and may provide a clue as to why the price has risen 50% over the last week or so.

To me from the perspective of a stock holder, figuring out a way for the SP to fall is much more difficult than working out how it might rise. For instance, if sometime in the next year the company comes back to the market and delares that they are sorry 1 trillion was a little bit optmistic we have only been able to prove up 300 billion tonnes, will the market react by effectively saying '300 billion, is that all you losers?' and selling the price down to 6c. Maybe it would say that is still a whole heap of GJ's, here's $24 trillion dollars. Or most likely the reaction would be in between, but vastly in excess of the current SP.
    That last scenario applies to any final resource and it is hard to see 1 trillion turning into nothing. Then there are helium, oil and other gas plays.
    SP downside to me, rides on all prospectivity including projected coal reserves proving to be worthless or CTP being unable to fund exploration, which already seems very unlikely as JV's are happening. Upside is pretty much anything else.

I'm looking forward to the next several months. They should be interesting.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.2¢
Change
-0.002(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $38.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.5¢ 5.2¢ $11.47K 217.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 150000 5.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 14941 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.20pm 21/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.