conned.Channel 9's Sunday program this morning featured Author...

1. 1,691 Posts.
    conned.
    Channel 9's Sunday program this morning featured Author Keith Windschuttle, (who's book THE FABRICATION OF ABORIGINAL HISTORY was the basis of 9's story) and his attempt to rectify years of misinformation and outright lies written by Australian "Historians". Particularly the history of the australian aboriginal treatment by the colonisers.
    From what I gathered much of the "history" that we commonly accept, is either grossly exaggerated to the detriment of the settlers or straight out lies.
    It seems that either these so called "Historians" (I think these people would be more accurately called fiction writers) just don't bother to check their reference material, or they simply fabricate their "facts" to suit their political philosophy.
    The point is we, but more importantly students in our schools are being brainwashed into accepting a false history. A history that teaches the British were evil colonisers, who implemented genocide to deal with the indigenous people.
    Anyone interested will find a link to an audio file of one of Keith Windschuttles addresses, which I warn runs about 30 minutes, below-

http://advocacy.tce.rmit.edu.au/resources/whitesettlement.html

In the address he tells of many instances of lies and fabrications by "historians".
    I found it to be extremely interesting. Anyone with an interest in OZ history should also. It also makes you wonder just how much of other country's history has also been corrupted in similar fashion.
    rs 8(>

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.