Oz is sick, but gosh?

1. 83,404 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    If one wants to be confident that humans can 'make it' ---------- I'd turn off the telly for a while - because, well the news atm is showing some rather alarming stuff that tells us that humanity isn't going anywhere fast. Perhaps backwards.

You can read about all of these things - it's news on most platforms -  but, this is us - after 2 million years of filtering and after 200,000 years of the distilled product -  us

In the last short time - days to weeks --

NZ is reversing it's smoking laws - meaning that new young smokers will be allowed to smoke tobacco -------------- but, get the reason - so they can fund tax cuts.  (think that one through)

France has decided that it's going to allow tobacco shops and bars ----------- to sell ammunition.

The USA has Donald Trump as front runner for it's GOP

Janvier Milei is to lead Argentina - the man who thinks that liberalising gun laws will assist the economy.

Geert Wilder gets a lot of seats in the NL - a crazy and his first hurdle - forming a government, because no one is as crazy as him.

this is humans today ----------- this is us after 200,000 years of development.

My god, we are going nowhere - certainly not as biological beings - if we haven't made it by now in 200k years - I'm sorry, we're just not going to make it at all.

Oh - and, does any of this stuff effect Oz and it's politics ------------- well, sadly, that's a yes. Everything is connected.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.