OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

Hi Mark, sorry for the delay in responding.I'll turn on the tap...

1. 364 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hi Mark, sorry for the delay in responding.

I'll turn on the tap whilst you give HT he cold shower.

HT, I have never found your posts dull even when I disagreed.

Some interesting articles have come out recently. It looks like ASIC are going to be more active in regulating the market. Probably a good move.

Over the last week there hasbeen a few stories relating to BHP's difficulties in expanding Olympic Dam due to environmental concerns. As this is a potential large scale competitor to OZL this can only help OZL in the short to Medium term. May make a takeover by BHP more of a possibility.

I expect that BHP will eventually overcome the environmental issues and the expansions will occur, although possibly later than expected.

Now here is a thought. Olympic Dam is set to consume 50% (that's right 50%) of SA's total power consumption. It will require massive amounts of extra electricity over the coming years. The Feds are passing laws to increase the amount of renewable energy that power companies have to use. This may increase complications or may be pointer to where we should be investing ie in the renewable energy sector.

Will this be a dampener on any expansion plans for PH if extra reserves are found. What is the best scenario for any extra resources found. Expand production or prolong minn life (note these are not necessarilly mutually exclusive)

Maybe i should have started a new thread for these thoughts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.