BNB babcock & brown limited

oz minerals, page-6

1. 17,279 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    Yes i wonder i come accross this its from 27/oi/09 on bloomberg you would reckon it would be worth reporting not sure what its all about i contacted the reporter but he said just contact investor relations at bnb .Havnt done that as it musnt be important i guess for them not to make a realese to the asx or its deals behind the scenes like what they want would have thought something of this size would but i guess they do not recieve much for the management of this .He said that it was a group of companies that bnb manged assets for ?Maybe someone could shed some light on this?

Jan. 27 (Bloomberg) -- Threadneedle Asset Management Ltd., a London-based fund manager that oversees 55 billion pounds ($77 billion), said it hired five people from Babcock & Brown Ltd.’s asset-backed bonds unit.

Threadneedle, owned by Ameriprise Financial Inc., hired fund managers in Brisbane including Steven Fleming and Ashley Burtenshaw, it said in an e-mailed statement today. The U.K.- based company will also take over $1.8 billion of assets from Babcock & Brown, the Australian investment firm that’s trying to reorganize its debt, the statement said.

Babcock & Brown, which used cheap debt to buy properties, ports and power stations, is discussing a debt-for-equity swap as the worldwide credit crisis raises borrowing costs and erodes asset values.

Threadneedle last year hired Andrew Bristow from Goldman Sachs Group Inc. to oversee its asset-backed investments in London.

To contact the reporter for this story: Neil Unmack in London [email protected]

Last Updated: January 27, 2009 07:22 EST

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BNB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.