SLX 5.50% $3.61 silex systems limited

oz - nuke armed????!!!!, page-2

1. 4,941 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147
    Hi Yak,

I thought that I was the only one about who spotted media reports concerning SLX!!!

Anything to do with enrichment has both a peaceful purpose (ie: more efficient energy production, reducing waste, etc) and a defence-linked prospective side-application.

USEC used to be owned by the US Dept of Energy prior to being privatised, listed (and now struggling, financially and commercially).

SLX's global alliances extend to and include one of the world's largest defence /energy businesses (particularly in the area of nuclear energy) - Westinghouse Corporation.

Another major energy company with which SLX is involved with from a silicon wafer development perspective is Sumutomo Mitsubishi.

Moving to a 73% ownership position in Translucent is also very interesting because Translucent is investigating new planar lightwave circuitry technology which, if successful, will have obvious semi-conductor, photonics, telecommunications, and defence applications.

All of SLX's current projects have prospective energy, defence, civilian and telecommunications' applications, all of which will become increasingly important in a growing and more sophisticated 21C environment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.61
Change
-0.210(5.50%)
Mkt cap ! $856.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.82 $3.85 $3.60 $1.586M 430.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4998 $3.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.62 242 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.