ESS 0.00% 50.0¢ essential metals limited

Ozwtisgold and PIO Reference, page-76

1. 637 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 66
    Hi V8

My thinking is around the geologic settings of current watermelon seed nugget finds which seem to have the basal MRB cong over significant unconformities. My thought is that this provides the time needed for erosion of source rocks and deposition and reworking of conglomerates. The energy of these environments is to my mind far higher energy than current shorelines. NOVO use the Nome example as this is perhaps the best contemporary example. I think the energy of the Nome environment pales into insignificance with the energy and turbulence of the Noearchean shorelines (read periodical turbulence due to storms, earthquakes and vulcanism or meteor impact) that generated the successive cong layers of Purdey's.

I don't have much to offer when it comes to the source of the gold. Maybe the metasomatic events as posted by @Blue swims or erosion of gold rich greenstones, dissolution of the gold from greenstones and then deposition by biological organisms before reworking and burial by MRB.

I think the origins of Wits 2 gold, like the Wits before it will be debated for many years. My view on the unconformity is that this time gap provided the erosional and depositional environment for the congs and contained gold. Without this unconformity the potential grade of the play is diminished IMO. I am putting my money where my mouth is on this.
    GLTAH
    Cheers

BS

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.