GNS 0.00% 16.0¢ gunns limited

ozzie's are forest gumps

1. 3,442 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    If I was a betting man,I think I would pick up some really cheap forestry real estate in Tasmania,especially the land,----you know?,the same 3figure amount as great sthrn,FT makes it more so that it will happen.

Isee also a former director of great southern plantations is on the board of the uni-super that has reduced its holdings at least by 24 million shares.

It is amazing,that Asian developng countries are pulling in big bucks,but Australia gave 80,000 tonnes for nothing to the Chinese,how does that work in the realm of economics and business?

MOO

Jakarta Globe

Indonesia Could Be A Global Pulp King, Official Says
    December 15, 2011

Indonesia has an opportunity to increase its presence as a pulp producer for the global market as the dominance of existing major producers declines, an agriculture official said on Thursday.

Benny Wahyudi, the director general of agricultural and chemical industry of the Ministry of Industry, said the dominance of the United States and Scandinavian countries as the main pulp producers had declined, and as a result, Indonesia could take the opportunity to rise from its current rank of ninth in the world as a pulp producer.

“Ahead there will be a shift to Asia, especially Indonesia, and Latin American countries such as Chili, Brazil and Uruguay,” Benny said at the Indonesian Pulp and Paper Association’s (APKI) congress on Thursday.

“In 2010, the country’s pulp exports reached 50 percent of the total value of exports at $8 billion while 40 percent others consist of paper exports and others,” he said.

Benny said he was optimistic that by optimizing investment, the country’s pulp and paper production could become the world’s fourth biggest.

“The potential land available for pulp production is large, reaching around seven million hectares,” he said.

Even though the world is entering an era of less paper use, the national pulp and paper industry has shown significant development, Benny said.

“As of 2011, there are 14 pulp industries across the country with a production capacity of 7.9 million tons a year. There are 79 paper plants with a capacity of 12.17 million tons a year,” he said.

In the 1970s, Indonesia had seven paper plants and they all belonged to the government, which only produced writing and printer paper, and had a capacity of just 50,000 tons a year.

“Pulp production this year is estimated to reach 7.3 million tons while paper production should reach 10.7 million tons,” Benny said.

Antara

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.