KAR 0.82% $1.82 karoon energy ltd

p#1 post-mortem, page-4

1. Ya
    6,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3828
    Hi Baraka,

Dont think CAPEX would b an issue. KAR can always piggy-back COP, now that they know what actually lies beneath.

Second Level

I think there r 2 parts to yr question & both r related.

1) P#1 & future S-Trk (not P#2:

Firstly its not possible to repair a damaged formation. However to save on time etc, the operator can choose the older well as an entry point & side-track by building up a safe angle. A bit risky, but achievable with directional drilling. In today's era one can drill a well 'S' or 'Z' shaped. But to answer yr question & my gut feel, P#1 will b used as an entry point later-on in the future & side-tracked from somewhere in the 8.5" section, which was drilled 3890 to 4588m. Since the Jurassic Plover Sands came in @ 4795m, it gives them enough height to build up an angle & distance away from the current well.

2) As for KT:

Nowadays, all operators pick the best location using the seismic & topographic data. KT is updip & further away from the old Woodside well Buffon/ Buffon-ST1. They've stressed abt this in their AGM preso's quite well. So to answer y'r question, as the location is updip, chances are the reservoir at KT should b relatively undamaged, IMO.

Here's hoping for a successful result at KT for KAR.

More abt that in 9-10 weeks time when drilling gets exciting.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.