SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

P/B Ratio is currently 0.23, page-13

1. 1,030 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    There couldn't be a trading halt while the company is in the hands of ASIC. ASIC has general market supervision now. ASX controls second by second trading, including halts, but it will defer to ASIC when the company is already in the hands of ASIC. ASX can't very well send a speeding ticket in this case because in effect they would be asking ASIC for an explanation.

By the way, all those who blame ASIC for SGH's woes are dead wrong. ASIC has been doing its best to save SGH, by demanding it get auditors with the capacity to do the job, an experienced CFO, better board, etc. Unfortunately it was too late. The real problem was not ASIC; it was that the lawyers at SGH have large holdings. Usually founders with large holdings is a good thing but lawyers make bad directors and PI lawyers just don't have M&A or corporate experience. They stood in the way of change. They should have bowed out months ago and saved their shares.

An experienced board would have called in a crisis management team including top level PR.

As for today's halt, I think it was caused by the massive volume on a big drop. It was to halt cascading and accelerating computer stop loss trades and ask the market to stop panicking and just think. That was too late too but at least they (ASX) tried.

I made the points in paragraph 2 some time ago and was duly howled down by you know who & Co.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.