WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

p&g trademark search

1. 3,127 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 919
    If OBJ technology is an important part of the new/modified products P&G will be launching (as most of us believe it will be), then they will be wanting to give the process or system a name. And that means a trademark.

US trademarks applications take about 2 years to be approved, but it appears that applicants can use the trademark anytime after the application date.

For example, something we have been recently talking about.. the Gillete flexball razor. The trademark on the name "flexball" was applied for on December 17, 2012, has not yet been approved, and the product was launched just last week.

So it seems reasonable to expect that the OBJ technology used by P&G will either already have one or more trademark application(s) submitted or soon will have.

Seeing the trademark application may not give us much info, or it could give us some valuable details such as the specific product or category in which it is to appear.

So now the fun part.. The instructions below will give you a page at the United States Patent and Trademark Office showing the search results for P&G's 359 live trademark applications (approved and unaproved) made since 1 jan 2013. You can click each application for full details. After a very quick browse, I did not find anything, but i'm tired and want to go to bed, so have at it if you wish. It would also be useful to check back each week or so for new entries.

I would paste a link to the actual page, but you actually need to step through the search process itself.

steps :
    1) go to http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp
    2) Select the TESS icon
    3) click the 3rd search option which has "free form" in its title.
    4) set records returned to 500
    5) enter this exact term into the search box :

((Procter & Gamble)[OW] or (P&G)[OW])[ALL] and (live)[LD] and (2013$[FD] OR 2014$[FD])

Some things to note :
    1) there is a help screen to tell you how to design search terms if you want to change the dates or other terms.
    2) the listed order is not exactly by application date, so the newest is not at the top.. but it should be towards the top.
    3) you could also search on P&G owned companies like gillette.

-----------
    BTW, looking forward to seeing some of those Hawaiian Aloha™ trash bags.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.