WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

p&g trademark search, page-28

1. 5,330 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    Hi smac656,

"We know that OBJ have targeted hair care as one potential application for their technology. And we know that P&G is big in hair care. Surely hair care is one of the "7 major product categories" Oh AND.. remember THREE funded work plans for products to be developed. And here we have three brand new trademark applications under hair care, all unified under one theme."

Nice investigative work, and for whatever it may be worth my own research files on OBJ also support this line of enquiry, however I first just wanted to throw in the following two pieces of more recently acquired information which appears to indicate that the first cabs off the rank will come through the field of skin care...

28/11/2013 - (OBJ $0.024)

Transcript of AGM Presentation from Jeff Edwards

"Clearly P&G are foremost on every one’s mind. P&G are the world’s largest consumer company, you virtually cannot open your kitchen cupboard or your bathroom cupboard without being inundated with P&G products they have over 2000 of the world’s biggest selling SKU’s.

Our relationship with P&G is in an exclusive area within their Beauty & Grooming group and that is divided into 7 sub categories and we’re working with those - skincare clearly being the foremost one that we’re moving forward with.

We have completed the first of 3 clinical studies and in fact the most important of those with P&G. Before you ask, no I can’t tell you what the outcomes of those are because the clinical results are not OBJ’s property, however the outcomes are being sufficiently engaging for them that we are now moving - that we have now moved forward into negotiations regarding possible product development for the first application of OBJ’s technologies across P&G’s product range. I hope to be able to expand on that in coming announcements shortly."
    ~ Jeffrey Edwards

29/08/2013 - (OBJ $0.017c)

Newsletter emailed to clients of Baker Young Stockbrokers

"I have sent a few emails out about this company already. We are currently completing a capital raising in the stock. The company has a magnetic patch technology that works to push chemicals deeper into the pores of the skin. Currently they have a range of collaborations, in particular Proctor and Gamble and GlaxoSmithKline have been assessing their technology. This has resulted in P&G using the technology on their Olay moisturizing cream. Trials have been completed and the market is awaiting results that should result in a commercial transaction if successful. GlaxoSmithKline is testing fluoride absorption with the use of a new toothbrush. There are a range of other very large companies that are also assessing the company’s technology. The company’s internal trials are very compelling. My view is that although it seems quite an unusual technology it gains a great deal of my attention when two of the biggest consumer products companies in the world pay for trails to occur on their own products." ~ Tom Boorman

05/12/2013 - (OBJ $0.03c)

Newsletter emailed to clients of Baker Young Stockbrokers

"Today I sat in on an hour long presentation from a company that I have followed for quite some time. In the past they have had difficulty in fully explaining the true potential of their technology to the market. I have come away feeling like the clouds have lifted and the potential is finally starting to look like becoming a reality. The company has a fully patented platform which uses a magnetic micro-array drug delivery technology to allow product to pass far deeper into the skin. It's easy to become skeptical about new technology but the data and involvement from two of the world’s leading companies gives credibility to this process. The market has been impatient and this has resulted in the stock price drifting lower for the best part of 2 years. Meanwhile the company worked diligently on its technology pipeline and successfully engaged:

Procter and Gamble are the world’s largest consumer products company. Two of their highest selling products have been selected to use the technology on first which will increase the level of absorption into the skin.

GlaxoSmithKline are one of the world's largest pharmaceutical company's. They have many consumer products including a wide range of oral hygiene products. Sensodyne and Macleans toothbrushes are products the company appear to be targeting amongst many others. The process being tested is that you can push a greater amount of chemical deeper into the pores of teeth.

When companies such as this engage with a small technology firm they spend years internally testing to prove up efficacy and to discover whether it is an appropriate fit for any of their products. This step is complete with both GSK and P&G. It is reasonable to assume that both companies are happy with the testing done internally as they have now decided to do clinical trials. These trials will support advertising campaigns for the products when they go to market. Licensing is ongoing but it is expected that they will receive between 3-5% of each products sales. This would be around 10-15 cent of each toothbrush sold of one of the worlds’ leading brands. Currently the company has a market capitalisation of 18 million dollars. The potential upside and the steady release of news flow should see a significant move higher over the next 6 months. If you are interested in finding out more, please give me a call and I will explain this compelling investment in more detail."
    ~ Tom Boorman

Now, back to the comment, "surely hair care is one of the 7 major product categories" - I totally agree, and I'm sure you'll find the following technical brief posted by P&G, which I downloaded back in 2010, also completely supports the speculation:

Although this technical brief was one of many P&G Needs posted by P&G in the first half of 2010 which appears to be a good fit to the Strategic Alliance with Global FMCG Company announcement released to the market on 28/09/2010, the current P&G Needs site highlights two additional points;

1. P&G appear to be quite content with its current innovation pipeline through external partners.

2. There may have been some pressure put on GSK to secure First Right to Negotiate licensing terms and conditions in consideration for GSK funding the current clinical trials plus OBJ's costs and expenses in supporting the trial.

Beauty and Grooming Innovations

We currently have no needs in this business area...

Household Care Innovations

Packaging Innovations

Industrial and Manufacturing Innovations

Digital, Business and Retail Innovations

Personal and Family Care Innovations

Repair and Protection of Enamel and Dentin

We're seeking a technology or product that delivers significant and long lasting repair to damaged tooth enamel and dentin; the product should provide superior repair performance vs. conventional fluoride toothpaste and rinse formulations.

Read More | Submit Your Innovation

Enhanced delivery of oral care actives and flavors

We are interested in innovations that can improve the performance and consumer experience of oral care products using formulation excipients to improve deposition, retention and protection of actives, flavors and sensates over 30 minutes to 8 hours.

Read More | Submit Your Innovation

Other Innovations

"ohh.. a bit of googling to find that "he" is high efficiency soap for high efficiency washers.. which I think are just front loaders. anyway.. still does not really speak to me."

P&G don't make parts for washing machines of course but the following taken from the company's 2012 Annual Report added a whole new dimension to the 'laundry' speculation...

"The Company’s drug delivery platforms include powered electromagnetic delivery systems for use in devices and appliances, motion-activated magnetic micro-arrays for use in consumer products and devices and materials-based arrays for use in cosmetic and drug patch applications."

appliance

Domestic electrical machine: an electrical device or machine that is used for a specific purpose in the home, e.g. a vacuum cleaner or washing machine

Don't think I'll touch that one just yet ;)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.