PLS 3.21% $2.89 pilbara minerals limited

P L S - $7.12 - by EOY 22 *, page-226

1. 1,064 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 177
    Bill you're cherry picking data there.
    Which is fine, it's what everyone does to prove their point.

But estimates on the payback from many credible sources still varies WILDLY.

There are some university backed estimates that the break even point, wheel to wheel, could be 700,000km.
    Now I don't believe that for a second, but shows how inconsistent the data is.

Viewing multiple reports from different universities, industry bodies (EV and oil), and government analysis, a pretty consistent "average" (that is between the most ambitious, and the most outrageous) seems to be about 120,000km.

The average car in Australia travels 13,000 km per year. So using those averages it works out a bit over 9 years till break even.
    So you're right, it's less than the 10 I spouted earlier. Forgive me.

This allows for the incredibly varied types of power generation. Some countries would achieve break even quicker than others.
    And again that does not factor in the carbon cost of actually building the renewable power generation source.

So all things equal, if you keep your ICE car and your EV for about 10 years, you'll be at about the same carbon footprint.

Now I know that the militant EV extremists who are incapable of balanced counter arguments will say I'm poo-pooing EVs.
    I'm not.
    Not at all.
    They should form part of any responsible personal transportation network.

I actually really like them for what they are.
    But they should absolutely not be mandated for what they are.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.89
Change
0.090(3.21%)
Mkt cap ! $8.534B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.81 $2.90 $2.81 $21.09M 7.401M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
34 89461 $2.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.90 188564 53
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.03pm 07/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.