RRS 0.00% 0.1¢ range resources limited

p.s. is pr for 40 pieces of silver i prefer mo, page-2

1. 864 Posts.
    Nice one rupe,

still looking for the trigger date/event that saw PS turn,

I have done a bit of reading on some 12 month old HC RRS threads. A couple of things have struck me as a bit strange. I havent worked out exactly what is going on just yet, but thought I would throw a few things out there in case anyone is bored or wants a bit of food for thought for weekend research:

12 months ago:

- Why did perfectstage used to be so bullish on Range (at a time when the sp was well over 4c and oppies over 2c)?

- Why did perfectstage keep making a big deal of how good it was that he had swapped out of FPO's into Oppies?

- Why did findlays release a report at this time placing a 12 month target of 12c on RRS (and a valuation of 38c) IF they were planning to cap the stock over the next 12 months?

Here is the report:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~dhajda/Range%20Resources%20Limited_March%202006.pdf

Findlays Independent Range Report

- Why was the fine print in said findlays report so intent on stating findlays interests and covering their butts (read it, sounds more "disclaimery" than usual, right?):

This research report has been prepared exclusively for our clients and is not be relied upon by anyone else. In compiling this
    research report, we are of necessity unable to take account of the particular investment objectives, financial situation and needs
    of any of our individual clients. Accordingly, each client should evaluate the recommendations obtained in this research report in
    the light of their own particular investment objectives, financial situation and needs.
    DISCLOSURE: This research has been prepared using information and experts reports supplied by Range Resources
    Ltd. Findlay & Co. Stockbroking Ltd. discloses that from time to time its officers and employees and related bodies may
    have an interest in the securities, directly or indirectly which are the subject of these statements.

- Why did they Findlays/PS need to keep the price up during that time (ps ramping and buy recommendation/report) and What event triggered the next phase (PS downramping)? and what purpose does this phase serve (AIM list at 3c?)

My guess (for the ramping phase) is that findlays wanted to ditch their free oppies, and needed to keep the price up?

I would appreciate any input, additions, pointing out of weak points or supporting evidence anyone has regarding this theory. I have tried to leave out a lot of my ideas and just presented what I have found

Perfectstage, Am I getting warmer?

oh, and here's a real DOOSEY just for fun:

Subject: a sixty (60) bagger
    Stock Code: RRS - RANGE RESOURCES LIMITED
    Posted: 02/05/06 18:02 Hotcopper Radio: RRS on BoardRoom Radio
    Posted By: perfectstage Views: 357
    Post #: 1038450 (Start of thread) Sentiment: Buy
    IP: 144.137.xxx.xxx Voluntary Disclosure: Stock Held

400,000 barrels of oil per day = 2.8 million barrels of oil per week @ $15 margin (on Aus$100 per barrel) = $42 million per week.

Calculate RRS's cash flow based on their take, let's say 15%. Cash flow per week for RRS = $6.3 million ..... for say 48 weeks per

year = $302.4 million cash flow per year.

At a P/E of 10 the market cap would be $3 BILLION ..... THAT'S A 60 BAGGER.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.