NUZ 2.38% 20.5¢ neurizon therapeutics limited

PAA, The New Dawn, September , Optober 2023, page-132

1. 3,036 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1682
    After Bella was diagnosed with lymphoma, I joined two groups on Facebook. 1. Fighting Canine Lymphoma and 2. Pet Cancer Support.

I have attempted to recruit potential candidates to the trial. Total to date: Zero (as far as I'm aware)

The very first post of nearly all people who enter the groups say that they have already been put on to a chemo treatment by their oncologist. If not chemo then they've been put onto Prednisone. Both of which exclude the dogs from our trial.

Others are too far away from a trial centre, especially the people in America. Others had canines diagnosed with T cell.

I have had a couple of owners within striking distance of the centres in Texas but they never got back to me to advise me of their final decision.

I had one in Brisbane who was all set to go but his dog was diagnosed with T cell!

There was another in a South Australia who was also keen to enrol but there is no site in that state!

So all I can say is that is extremely hard to have all of the stars align to recruit the dogs.

It amazes me that vets are so keen to start dogs on chemo immediately before owners have any time to consider any other options. Yes it may be considered the 'gold standard' treatment but it also reaps a lot of $$$$ into the vet's bank account.

I take my hat off to any vet that refers patients to trials like ours to allow owners a different option for their loved pet. If the Company have recruited sufficient dogs to complete the Phase II trial then I take my hat off to them because it would have taken a lot of hard work.

Caroline Zambrano who operates the PetJourno business has performed a heck of a lot of work as has Dr. Kim Agnew. Sam has fully backed and supported the initiatives put to him by both Caroline and Dr. Kim.

Being a participant in the trial I could clearly see how hard the Company is working. As a shareholder I share the same frustrations on waiting desperately for news!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NUZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.