KAR 0.28% $1.77 karoon energy ltd

pacific rubiales, page-31

1. Ya
    6,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3829
    Thanks for posting that Stevo.

Saved by the bell, and here I was waiting for them to drill further. So 3049m seems 2b final TD with wireline logging ongoing. That journo in The Australian last week (Ross Kelly) was prolly right (refer Scitty's post frm last week).

Simply put, in the Santos Basin, one drills thro' the Tertiary stratigraphy (ie Miocene, Oligocene & Eocene) into the Cretaceous reservoir (ie Maastrichtian, Campanian & Santonian sections).

What they need to know is the overall area (in acres) covered by the Eocene reservoir & their porosity to recalc the volumetrics.

Back in 2008/'09, KAR's slideshow used to have a 1 pager on Eocene turbidite sandy reservoir in a nearby well that flwd 12000 bopd flwrates & had 35% porosity. Is this 25m section similar to this other well 1-SPS-56 (prolly Tiro).

Should the JV decide that this 25m thick section b tested, then porosity is the key to a succesful outcome. Note, PBR flw'd a 9m section at Maruja for a 4000 bopd test.

Might just have to wait for KAR's nxt update, i.e findings frm their wireline logs for a possible DST interval.

What they need to clarify:

1) is whether they drilled into the deeper twin Cretaceous targets at Roo-1?

2) or did they just stop past the Eocene section once the fluor disappeared frm the cuttings & gas readings dropped frm the chromatograph. The last update said oil water contact (OWC) intersected, so that clearly means the lower strata is water wet.

More importantly, where does this 350m gross HC start from. Is there a gas cap over this oil section or r they talking about multiple thin HC bearing strata ?

Were the deeper targets pinched out or does the JV plan to drill updip at the crest to get a better idea about this section, I would prefer updip but thats for PRE to nut out.

Too many questions in my head.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.77
Change
-0.005(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $1.420B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.79 $1.80 $1.76 $6.200M 3.491M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8844 $1.77

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.78 45424 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.