PBG 0.00% $1.15 pacific brands limited

'The best portfolio is government wanting to save...

1. 438 Posts.
    'The best portfolio is government wanting to save pacbrands""
    Well said sydney,if pacbrands can induce government to actually put their neck on the line over these jobs it will be very hard for them to let pacbrands go to the wall.

My gut feeling is this is a public relations exercise after 'socks and jocks' comments by swan,they want to appear to be doing something but have no intention of coming up with cold hard cash,i would like to be wrong.

It would be great if morphett had a good PR team who could exploit the supposed caring attitude of swan and company,but given what we have just witnessed,their PR is hopeless at coping with the bigger picture.

Manufacturing in australia has gone the way of the dodo,pacbrands have done the right thing, but in the worst possible way.

Morpett and her team should have taken pay cuts and emphasised this with the half yearly,it would have taken some of the heat off, but no,now they have a PR nightmare,lucky the public ,via the media, has the attention span of a gnat ,and soon will move onto the next big thing.

Of couse now that pacbrands has become an icon in the press for this sort of thing, the stigma will stick to some degree, as more layoffs from other companies whose management are doing very nicely, thankyou,try to offload manufacturing overseas.

BTW this situation is still retrievable because the government have offered to mediate (a potentially dumb move ),pacbrands can exploit this by demonstrating their willingness to find a way of holding on to 1800 jobs.

IMHO this can be achieved by pacbrands management advertising to the media that they would be PLEASED to take a pay cut to CONTRIBUTE towards the retention of workers and calling on the government ,if they are truly sincere,to fund the retention of workers and the manufacturing base,while reminding everybody that pacbrands is a business with a large amount of debt that must be dealt with, or NO ONE will have a job, this puts the government in the hot seat ,lets watch them wiggle out of that one,and when they do ,it lets management of the hook.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PBG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.