1. 9,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5141

In America:

Dow Industrials +2.97%
    Dow Transports +3.86%
    SP500 +3.41%
    Russell 2000 +4.37%
    Nasdaq100 +3.45%

Comment: A wide range day on low volume – probably due to the Columbus Day Holiday in America. Although the country was on holiday, the market was still open – but plenty of people in the industry had a long week-end. It might also explain, to some extent, the low volume day on Friday. However, we must note the negative volume divergence which has been set up. A determined selling move would easily knock this nascent rally on its back. I’m not predicting that – just being cautious.

NewHighs/NewLows 23/10. NH>NL but not by much. The NHs needs to be a lot higher to instil confidence.

The Materials Sector +4.21% and Energy Sector +4.53%. Copper was up +5.29%. Those figures are strong and positive for the Australian market on Tuesday. All nine S&P Sectors were up with Financials the best, +5.13%. The Banking Index was up, +5.31%. Semi-conductors up, +2.82%.

Europe:
    France +2.13%
    Germany +3.02%
    London +1.8%

Gold in U.S. Dollars is up +2.39%. Gold in Oz Dollars is up +0.14%. AUD/USD up, +2% to finish at 99.88. The Battler looks like its head up to resistance around 101/102. EWA (the ETF for Australian shares) up +4.62%.

Technical Comment on the Dow Industrilas:
    The DJIA finished at 11433.2. Getting close to the next resistance level around 11500.
    Above the 8-Day MA. Positive.
    Above the 34-Day MA. Positive.
    Indicators:
    Stochastic: 74.1. Above its signal line. Positive.
    The 8-Day MA is below the 34-Day MA. Negative
    The 13-Day MA is below the 150-Day MA. Long-term negative.
    RSI.9 is at 61.9. Above 50. Positive.
    MACD Histogram above Zero. Positive.
    MACD (zero lag) above zero. Positive.
    CCI.14: +129.8. Overbought.

Slowly but surely all the negatives are being dispatched. Most of the momentum indicators allow for a little more up room before registering overbought.

Short term the trend remains up. For the medium term bullish case, I still want to see a positive 8/34 MA x-over before I’m convinced.

Long term, the market needs to get above resistance at around 11700.

Remain cautious. DYOR.
    Good luck
    Red

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.