EWC 10.0% 1.1¢ energy world corporation ltd

I've done plenty of additional browsing of the state of EWC's...

1. 288 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    I've done plenty of additional browsing of the state of EWC's Pagbilao project today - too much. One thing that I've recently come across, which is also related to this article, I found of particular interest. As taken from above, bold added for effect:

"The NGCP, mandated to encourage power producers to export power on a first-come-first-served basis, had rejected EWC’s request to hook its plant—notwithstanding that it was technically feasible to do so—to the existing power plant because of the opposition of TeaM Energy (Pagbilao coal-fired plant). EWC is now in the final construction stages of its own 12-14km transmission line."

The curious history of TeaM Energy: Former to being known as TeaM Energy (which came about following the acquisition by Japanese conglomerates), the company was known as Mirant Philippines. Prior to that, it was known as Southern Energy Philippines - after CEPA was acquired by the Southern Company. Yes, the same CEPA that Mr Stewart Elliot built and listed back in the late 90s! I'm not sure if this has been recognised before, but I found it to be quite ironic. The company that Elliot built, while in a different form, has come back to haunt him.

However, while the delays have been frustrating, it seems that it is now only a matter of time before the Pagbilao substation is operational (mid-2021 if reports are to be believed) and EWC's transmission line hooked in.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EWC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
0.001(10.0%)
Mkt cap ! $33.86M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.1¢ 1.1¢ $61 5.555K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 549999 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 83333 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EWC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.