LYC 2.11% $6.28 lynas rare earths limited

i came back from Cherating yesterday and just for fun drove to...

1. 1,155 Posts.
    i came back from Cherating yesterday and just for fun drove to the LAMP.

the gebeng industrial park is huge with all sorts of plastic and chemical plants. i could not get past the checkpoint manned by five security guards, not even close enough to take photos.

had dinner at my wife's high school reunion gathering and spoke to a few persons including one who actually took part in the march to the merdeka stadium.

i am reporting n the ground and these are not my opinion nor do i claim this is new information at all...

the consensus is
    1. lack of trust in BN and AELB. corruption etc you know.
    everybody mutters about the govt covering up too much and not open enough - the TOL and its conditions is one example. and the fact that they have been in power for 50 years adds to the need for change sentiments and allegations of corruption and lack of accountability
    2. still its highly unlikely BN will lose mandate and in Pahang, they will hold on to power.
    3. even if the opposition wins, Lynas will not likely be shut down because they will have to compensated - it appears to me that Malaysians know the value of international reputation - it does not seem as crude as RVR puts it where they can impose extra conditions designed to "make it hard" for Lynas to continue.
    to me, the bottomline is as long as Lynas is safe, it woulf be hard to close it down.
    4. the fear campaign by smsl has created widespread suspicion of the govt. no doubt about that. chinese and malay alike.
    5. most malaysians are not so well educated that they can dissect a report and analyse it and are all herded into one mode of thinking by the smsl taking advantage of feelings of distrust for the current govt.

3. this will however be the worst election result for BN

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.28
Change
-0.135(2.11%)
Mkt cap ! $5.991B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.31 $6.34 $6.27 $916.8K 145.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 8484 $6.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.28 3179 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.19am 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.