PCK 3.57% 2.7¢ painchek ltd

Hi DoubleDown, I really appreciate your breakdown/analysis of...

1. 18,162 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3772
    Hi DoubleDown,
    I really appreciate your breakdown/analysis of these salient facts... especially the swift and uncluttered collation of them.

To expand from that, and to be somewhat pernickety and exacting, with respect to point 5) I thought-initially - there were delays as well, but not any more.​
    Here’s my reasoning;

From today’s quarterly:
    “The Children’s App trial continues in Melbourne, with completion expected by Q3 2020....

...The research agreement with Melbourne’s Murdoch Children’s Research Institute (MCRI) was signed in June 2019.
    MCRI is the largest child health research institute in Australia, and is one of top three worldwide and their campus partners include Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne and the University of Melbourne’s Department of Paediatrics.....

...The clinical trial version of the PainChek® Infant App has been finalized for use in the study which is schedeuled to commence in Q1 calendar 2020...”

I thought “delay” because I had remembered an earlier date being mentioned and because, after several months of use at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Painchek reported some issues on December 23;

“Through development some challenges have been identified and managed, including variability in facial morphology and dynamic between infants, toddlers and adults; changes in facial expression which are age dependant; and excessive head movements which may prevent pre-processing of facial images.
    This latter challenge has been addressed through the development of an adaptive video mode which ensures that automated facial analysis can be completed, particularly in cases of extreme infant distress in which the child may be crying or screaming...”

But on further review it seems the first months were always intended to fine tune the app;
    NB the words ‘Through development..” used in the excerpt from the December update directly above.
    Also Phillip’s use of future tense in the video transcript from early November last year; https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/41435419/single

“So the study’s kicked off; the clinical protocol is written.
    The group will be testing the app on 100 infants; that’s children between the age of zero to one, and then ..... they’ll be comparing it with the current pain scale which is called the FLACC system.

-So does that apply to every child that comes in, or are they choosing specific children with specific pain issues?
    There is a ...criteria in the clinical guidelines, and so as long as they meet that criteria, they will incorporate them into the clinical study ....
    ....And then the collection and compilation of all the results how long would you expect that to take?
    I think the way we’re trying to do it is to do it in two phases... get some early indications, and then on to the details.
    So we’re saying this will come through some time during the next two or three quarters
    ..That long?
    Well to get the clinical data will take time, and of course we can’t rush the clinical program.
    But I would say by mid 2020 we should have some results out .

Plus the timeline last posted by @rickflair the other day https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/42257143/single makes no mention of the children’s app beyond looking towards commercial release in early 2021.

cheers, and thank you, once again for sharing your work
    Last edited by sabine: 30/01/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PCK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.7¢
Change
-0.001(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $44.16M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.8¢ 2.8¢ 2.7¢ $55.36K 1.977M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 219510 2.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.8¢ 91030 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PCK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.