PCK 7.14% 3.0¢ painchek ltd

Interested to get peoples take on the baby app trials - like...

1. 168 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    Interested to get peoples take on the baby app trials - like @helmacron I was hesitant to get excited about it until I had a chat with another holder last week.
    His take on how the trial worked was that the 2 professors (their names don't come to mind) were going to assess each of the 100 kids using the existing pain assessment method, which essentially is a non-verbal version of the Abbey Painscale, with Doctors & Nurses essentially coming to their own conclusion based on the info available to them - heart rate, BP, skin colour, eye colour etc etc.
    (I recently spent a few days in a neonatal unit (as a parent) - and this is literally how they assess babies - there seemed no exact science to it, experience comes in to play a lot, there is constant monitoring and reassessing of progress following treatment)

So the 2 professors then use the painfaces app on the same kids, using the AI video along with the questionnaire to come to a "pain score". They can then assess whether Painfaces came to the same score as they had - and if there was a significant difference, they could do a follow up on the progress of the child to ascertain which method was likely to have been more accurate at the time.
    This is how I now understand how the trial is working? I can see how it would take some time to fully complete and compile a report.

To me, if successful, it would mean that painfaces could become the new standard for assessing pain in babies. It's not some genius tool - where you simply point the camera and bang - here's your pain score like magic.
    It's a combination of assessments - but the key is that each and every assessment is identical - so it has to be more consistent than the thousands of humans currently using experience, instinct, education etc to come to their own pain score.

Just interested to hear other peoples thoughts on how they thought the trial worked, was there any talk about it at Technow from DA?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PCK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
0.002(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $49.07M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.8¢ 3.0¢ 2.8¢ $9.306K 318.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 43275 2.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.0¢ 1255935 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PCK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.