SLX 2.81% $5.18 silex systems limited

painful extraction from an energy morass

1. 20,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1782
    This article "Painful extraction from an energy morass"
    by Robert Gottliebsen may even be worse than what Mr Gottliebsen ever envisaged? especially if the US adopt this new technology by GE-Hitachi for cradle to the grave nuclear tech where they will get virtually 1000 years worth of electricity and not have to buy one more ounce of Uranium, and one where there is no Plutonium and very little waste product as well.

Just Imagine what that will do to our Uranium exports let alone being competitive in our electricity generation, especially if we try to change from coal or gas fired turbines, I believe there will be only one answer and that will be, to go Nuclear ourselves, and perhaps have laser enrichment here as well.

Something else that may also help perhaps is CPV and the Power Tower utility electricity, especially if they can store some of it?

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/bs.nsf/Article/election-energy-carbon-LNG-Abbott-Gladstone-pd20121227-3D2CN?OpenDocument

One of the biggest challenges for whoever wins the 2013 election is to sort out what has become a horrible Australian energy mess.

I don’t think I can every recall such a combination of misjudgments and bad policy in recent decades.

And this Australian mess comes as the Americans are really getting their energy act together and are going to have it drive their national economy. With even modest policy skills we could have enjoyed the same benefits but, instead, just about everything we did in the last few years has been proved wrong.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.