PDN 2.39% $13.26 paladin energy ltd

paladin expansion program , page-11

1. 1,178 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Views, I have been with Paladin for about three and a half years, so I guess one can comment from a neutral position, insofar as, I don't care what market speculators think about the company, analysts, brokers, and/or punters. The important thing is the playing field, has it changed. And the answer is no.

Today of course, in March of 2008, we all think we know more about the uranium game(analysts included), endless chatter seems to have taken care of that, so people feel really informed. Yet, like fashion, one dons a uranium overcoat now and then without properly realising it is the metal of the century, and it will be pressed into service on a large scale. If not, we of the human race are in dire trouble.

Indeed, we all know we are hooked on coal burning for many decades to come, yet we equally know that it will be to our peril, and improperly surmise we still have bags of time to come up with a fix. -Smokers live in the same hope.

This is what JB was on about when he bought the Langer Heinrich deposit for a mere $15000 - yes $15k, and since, has built this minnow of a company into say, a $7b - $10b target if a predator decided to make overtures. I for one, have a high regard for such foresight, where over the years this man has not deviated one mm in his views about how to build a decent and prosperous business based on long term thinking. At the time of the LH purchase, which, by the way, for them was a big deal, uranium was a radioacative business subject and not a soul in the world, save for JB and his small crew would touch it and there was absolutely no visible propect of making a dollar out of the metal.

Time on, his views of late seem to fit with addressing an adult growth phase, with value-add now forming part of the master plan. This calls for less shovelling to earn a dollar, and more grey matter pressed into service, which in my view, is timely. One of the difficulties with the nuclear food chain is that there is a dearth of skilled people in the global loop, and this has come about through decades of idleness in the industry, which was stagnant until just a few years ago. Therefore one should take it that JB is focussing on a new breed of business, probably from scratch, as is his wont.

Right now most of the highly paid analysts following this company seem solely pre occupied with production at LH(chasing the cash flow), whereas other material things are of no event, and they will only count when money flows into the coffers.

Investment advisors, they call them.

I don't, this is mediocrity central hard at work

Borshoff has firmly denied rumours of a take over, but take it from me, if ever one were to occur, we would soon find out what sort of investment Paladin is.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.26
Change
-0.325(2.39%)
Mkt cap ! $3.991B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.55 $13.56 $13.19 $7.293M 546.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 433 $13.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.26 2559 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.