Power plays are common on all sides, each group protecting their...

1. 11,859 Posts.
    Power plays are common on all sides, each group protecting their own interests. Human behaviour 101. Islam makes it a mission.
    ---------------------
    That is common to all mankind. This is a lesson Jesus sought to teach his disciples when he requested they have a sword when he was to be arrested.

(Matthew 16:21-23) From that time forward, Jesus began explaining to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes and be killed, and on the third day be raised up. 22 At this Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him, saying: “Be kind to yourself, Lord; you will not have this happen to you at all.” 23 But turning his back, he said to Peter: “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, because you think, not God’s thoughts, but those of men.”

Peter needed an object lesson before he would accept ''God's thoughts''.

(Matthew 26:51-53) But look! one of those with Jesus reached out his hand and drew his sword and struck the slave of the high priest, taking off his ear. 52 Then Jesus said to him: “Return your sword to its place, for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword. 53 Or do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father to supply me at this moment more than 12 legions of angels?

It was God's will that Jesus surrender his life in behalf of those that trust God's promises.

(John 18:36) Jesus answered: “My Kingdom is no part of this world. If my Kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my Kingdom is not from this source.”

Religious fanaticism based on men's thoughts rather than God's thoughts will find themselves on a collision course with more than 12 legions of angels when Jesus comes as king of God's Kingdom to bring God's will to the earth.

(Matthew 6:9, 10) “You must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. 10 Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.