Might be worth remembering that originally the Arabs sold the...

1. 11,919 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1698
    Might be worth remembering that originally the Arabs sold the Jews worthless land that was only dessert, it was the Jews who worked hard and cultivated the land. You see the difference when you drive from Israel to the West Bank from beautiful well cared for orchards and farm lands to the West bank where its a dump, the lazy good for nothing sitting around drinking tea while their women are doing the only labor.
    I've travelled extensively in Israel over the years, whilst I've have never had a problem with Israeli immigration at Tel Aviv , I did have a problem when driving back over the border from the West Bank. It was a couple of years ago when I hired a car for three weeks and drove from Tel Aviv to Haifa in the north and then to Nahariyya ( a nice coastal town). Then drove to Tiberias on the Sea of Galilee and then south entering the West Bank. What a contrast from the beautiful country of Israel to the West Bank, what a dump of a place, filthy and lazy people. But you have to see it to believe it, you do not feel safe there and was on edge the whole time that we drove south to Jericho and then across to Jerusalem. Jerusalem is an exciting city.
    Then drove back across to the West Bank and drove to Bethlehem and Hebron and then when crossing back into Israel, we got the ultimate in questioning and searching both ourselves and vehicle by Israeli border guards, the car was completely examined and every thing we owned was scanned and double checked. IT seemed that it was most unusual for Aussie tourists to drive around the West Bank on their own. Once the checking was complete and they were satisfied we had no bombs or weapons they were most friendly and spent some time chatting with them. They wanted to know if Australian surf beaches were as good as they'd heard.
    I've also crossed from Israel through Gaza on route through the Sinai to Egypt. Again much the same as the West Bank, the Palestinians are lazy and dirty its like comparing Israel of beautiful lush well tendered farms to a rubbish dump.
    Frankly, I find the Israeli people extremely friendly and the experience of travelling there very enjoyable although they aren't particularly good or courteous drivers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.