GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Panasonic deal done!!, page-159

1. 3,795 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 227
    https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/see.../4111348-will-galaxy-resources-next-good-news

Matt Bohlsen

Will Galaxy Resources Be Next With Some Good News?
    Oct. 3, 2017 11:42 AM•GALXF
    Summary
    • Word on the street is Galaxy has done a deal with Panasonic/Tesla, but it is not yet confirmed by Galaxy.
    • Will Galaxy go with Volkswagen, which recently put out tenders to source key EV metals for their plan to reach 3 million EVs?
    • Will Galaxy sign a deal with a Chinese company similar to the Pilbara Minerals deal recently signed with Great Wall Motors of China?
    To get some background on Galaxy Resources (OTCPK:GALXF), investors can read my past articles:

GXY One-Year Stock Chart

Source: Bloomberg

Reports of a Panasonic (OTCPKCRFY)/Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) Deal With Galaxy
    Today's Hot Copper report, Motley Fool's article "Galaxy Resources Limited shares rocket on Panasonic deal speculation," and today's Australian Financial Review article "Galaxy Resources strikes deal with Japan's Panasonic" have all left investors in a frenzy. But there is no official statement from Galaxy Resources yet, and no trading halt. It all seems a a bit mysterious.

The AFR article states the following:

Sources told this column managing director Anthony Tse, chairman Martin Rowley and other directors were in Japan for a signing ceremony two weeks ago. Shipping data also shows product from Mt Cattlin being shipped to Japan. Galaxy is developing the Sal de Vida lithium brine project in Argentina and has for months flagged discussions with 'investors, offtakers and potential strategic partners' for the project's production. It is also studying the development of its James Bay lithium project in Canada. Galaxy chief financial officer Alan Rule told reporters on the sidelines of the Diggers and Dealers conference in August the company had held discussions with large car manufacturers about lithium supply, particularly from Sal De Vida.

Galaxy 100% Owns Three Excellent Lithium Projects
    Galaxy currently has a market cap of AUD 1.15b (~USD 900m) and 100% owns three outstanding lithium projects. Their flagship Sal De Vida posted an August 2016 DFS result with a post-tax 8% NPV of USD 1.426 billion, or AUD 1.8538b, and an IRR of 34.6%. Added to that are the Mt. Cattlin lithium mine, which is currently producing at capacity of 220-250ktpa spodumene, and the James Bay lithium spodumene project.

Mt. Cattlin

Source

Sal De Vida

Source

James Bay

Source

Valuation
    My DCF model currently values Galaxy at AUD 4.36. My target is assuming both James Bay and Sal de Vida make it to production within the next three to five years. Bell Potter, in their August report, have a valuation price of AUD 3.35.

The analyst consensus price target for Galaxy Resources currently is AUD 2.95. The reason this is lower than mine is that analysts are heavily discounting the value of both Sal De Vida and James Bay as they are not yet fully funded, and also 2018 off-take for Mt. Cattlin is not yet finalized. While I agree this is reasonable and cautious, if these factors were to change with a substantial off-take deal with, say, Panasonic or Volkswagen (OTCPK:VLKAY), then price targets would start to rise toward my target -- especially as funding became clearer.

Conclusion
    It is looking very likely that a very significant off-take deal, or equity partnership, is just around the corner for Galaxy. Other miners such as Pilbara Minerals (OTCPKILBF) and Altura Mining (OTCPK:ALTAF) have all signed superb long term off-take deals over the past year, and I would expect Galaxy will do the same if not better.

Galaxy's advantage is they have both brine and spodumene, they 100% own their three projects on three separate continents, and they have very strong connections in China. Those investors who might have missed some of the lithium boom until now would do well to urgently jump aboard Galaxy Resources.

As usual, all comments are welcome.

Trend Investing

Thanks for reading this article. If you want to go to the next level, sign up for Trend Investing, my Marketplace service. I share my best investing ideas on the latest trends that are going to change the business world. I'd love to have you join our community as we look to take advantage of the hundreds of hours of work we've done to analyze the best opportunities in emerging industries. You can access it here. My latest Trend Investing articles are titled "Some Speculative Lithium Miners To Consider" and "A Core EV Metals Portfolio."

Disclaimer: The information in this article is general in nature and should not be relied upon as personal financial advice.

Disclosure: I am/we are long ASX:GXY, ASXLS, ASX:AJM.

I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.

Editor's Note: This article discusses one or more securities that do not trade on a major U.S. exchange. Please be aware of the risks associated with these stocks.

© 2017 Seeking Alpha

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.