LYC 0.66% $6.06 lynas rare earths limited

panel admits no safe radiation level, page-4

1. 421 Posts.
    I always find it interesting that there is this focus on the 12 year tax break...so whats in it for us syndrome.

RM700 Million being spent building the plant. How much of that goes into the Malaysian economy ?

When the Malaysian Plant is up and running, how much of the running costs are being sourced from Malaysia ... the majority, thats how much.

The reagents are the major cost...of which Gebeng has...Energy to run the plant...lets say USD7 or RM21 per kg for running costs

thats RM231,000,000 per year based on 11,000mts.

+

On another note, its interesting on what people focus on. Yes Thorium is potentially dangerous if you go and eat it, but within manageable levels it is safe. Now protestors also say who is going to monitor with a corrupt government ?

Doctors also saying a carcinogen is a carcinogen. Fair enough. I wonder if Malaysians consider Flouride a carcinogen ? Flouride has been debated since the late 80's as a carcinogen.

Well if so, they better not be drinking tap water, since it has been used as an additive for a long time to subtly combat dental issues. Not to mention other application where we consciously stick Flouride into our mouths, let alone swallow it.

Now the counter argument is that ah...the water supply is regulated.
    Fair enough again...but by who ? Oh yes...the corrupt government agencies.

I do understand peoples legitimate concern, but there is so much mis-information and scaremongering.

Is the LAMP 100% safe ? probably not, but safe as can be within current know legislation.

Is flying safe ? Not 100%
    Is driving safe ? Not 100%
    Is working on an Oil rig safe ? Not 100%
    I working in a mine safe ? Not 100%
    Is using your mobile phone safe ? Not 100%

No agency is going to categorically state anything is 100% safe.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.06
Change
0.040(0.66%)
Mkt cap ! $5.664B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.80 $6.06 $5.76 $50.03M 8.403M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3840 $6.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 39097 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.