BOC 0.00% 46.0¢ bougainville copper limited

Panguna landowners elect representatives

1. 1,579 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Posted on October 8, 2013 by admin

On Monday 30 September elections were held for the United Panguna Mine Affected Landowners Association (UPMALA).

UPMALA is the umbrella organisation representing the interests of all the nine landowner groups in central Bougainville and located around the Panguna mine site and tailings areas.

The elections saw Lawrence Daveona returned as Chairman of UPMALA unopposed, while James Tauriko has been elected Deputy Chairman, taking over the role previously held by Theresa Jaintong who did not to contest the position.

The roles of Secretary and Treasurer have been filled by Jude Sirinai and Bernandine Kiraa respectively.

Bougainville Copper Limited (BCL) congratulates the new UPMALA executive team on their election.
    BCL is excited to continue working with UPMALA and its newly elected representatives.

UPMALA is integral as the voice of the landowners and, along with BCL, the Autonomous Bougainville Government and the Government of Papua New Guinea, they form a vital part of the Joint Panguna Negotiation Coordination Committee (JPNCC).

Mr Daveona and Mr Tauriko will join the JPNCC as the duly elected landowner representatives.

There is still a long way to go before mining can resume at Panguna, the existence of organisations like UPMALA and the JPNCC are a positive step and will ensure the landowners are given equal voice in any discussions.
    This entry was posted in Latest News by admin. Bookmark the permalink.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
46.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $184.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 100 46.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.5¢ 1042 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.14pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.