panic attacks, page-31

1. 8,209 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1140
    Hi mumof3. A long time sufferer of debilitating panic attacks, I've tried so many remedies.

The ones that kept the panic at bay left me feeling dopey but I'd rather feel dopey than have a full on attack. Terrifying is an overused word, but it fits the bill.

I occasionally take 5HTP. I contacted TGA and found it's ok to order over the net for my own use providing I don't get more than a few months worth at a time.
    I don't take any other drugs for it these days.

One thing I've found is that after many attacks over a few years, the feeling of impending doom is just that, a feeling. The nausea and terror, are also just feelings, frightening and uncomfortable yes, but feelings nonetheless.

Similar to the movie, 'A beautiful mind' where he eventually just accepts his voices as familiar and essentially harmless providing you don't feel compelled to carry out instructions.

A few moths ago I freaked during an MRI, much to my surprise. I've worked in some pretty scarey close spaces and never had an issue. So now I add claustrophobia to my list.

The point is, none of my episodes have harmed me and I've grown to accept them like a slightly weird friend. And strangely, they don't totally floor me the way they used to.

One other thing, a poster here on HC has been of great assistance to me, providing homeopathic remedies free of charge. I'm not going to get into a discussion on homeopathy but each time I tried it I'd get about a months relief from the most intense nightmares. I don't know if I should mention him/her here but I just thought it was worthwhile.

It gets better.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.