DOW 0.00% $4.91 downer edi limited

Even yesterday the volatilities and spreads were too high to...

1. 1,383 Posts.
    Even yesterday the volatilities and spreads were too high to make straddles a goer. MMs have learned something through the last few major declines and it's become harder to crack them. I managed to load up with puts near close, which was probably the best play - though I wish I had 3 times as many and had been able to enter futures. Well - there'll be another chance later on.

Market appears not at bottom at this stage, really a fairly leisurely descent at 200 down (3.10 am). Seems a fair chance that the present congestion area 7500- 8000 will hold the Dow for now. This is really very much like trading all the big losers we've had recently - but for the whole index.

Because I didnt have time to get set on something more spectacular (just came back from OS) essentially I'm trading a stock at a time. If something breaks a major resistance, I short it. If something hits a downside target and stops - I clear.

Best not to short too many stocks or you wont be able to follow them - or to sell them all if they all hit target at once. Very big positions on a couple of stocks is probably a better strategy if you have time to get set.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.91
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.297B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.90 $5.00 $4.83 $6.379M 1.296M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 13582 $4.90

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.92 1423 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.