SGQ 6.25% 2.6¢ st george mining limited

Hi @Averagejoe2013I believe MCR (currently) has 175kT of nickel...

1. 541 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 425
    Hi @Averagejoe2013
    I believe MCR (currently) has 175kT of nickel after the Long acquisition which they acquired in May 2019 and are far more advanced than SGQ and are bringing operations out of care and maintenance - and have just signed a new offtake agreement with BHP
    (The main difference being that we hope that SGQ is heading toward a much larger resource and can move out of exploration phase to a development phase)
    A lot of rampant speculation going on the SGQ threads while I have been away about takeovers
    I cannot fathom why IGO would sell Long to MCR and then invest back into MCR - and SGQ still need to prove a resource

From the MCR Annual Report "Mincor completed the acquisition of the Long Nickel Operations (Long) from Independence Group NL (ASX:IGO) in May 2019"

I am only interested in what SGQ is doing - and it never hurts to repeat that posters here can speculate and throw up opinions of what the company should be doing which I don't wish to be rude to anyone but I just find incredulous some of the comments I see posted - the company has engaged directly some of the best Nickel exploration people in the industry and has the most respected Geophysical and Geotechnical consultants in the business - let's just let the professionals run the show shall we.

Even though there are initial works underway at the new SGQ prospects these will all take a long time to get anywhere near the stage we are at with Cathedrals, Stricklands and Investigators.
    Upside surprises are nice - and it all adds to showing there is further mineralisation - but they are only the start of a lot of methodical work that needs to follow which will require an enormous amount of drilling

I am very confident the bulk of the funds would be being directed (as they should be IMHO) in the vectoring toward the deeper extensions toward the anticipated source of the intrusives that look to be being revealed - initially at least down plunge at Stricklands and Investigators - these 2 MAD lines, as they are referred as, look as though they could be the keys to a potential treasure chest for now - but they need a lot more holes and they will all need to be deep - and then the other prospects can take their turn.

I'm confident that the company is on the right track and many of us believe that more rigs should be operating but that is not the SGQ Modus Operandi - they will continue diligently at a slow and steady pace and they will react to facts, not speculation. Rest assured they will need to raise more funds to achieve this so if there are any whingers who post about dilution and the company having to spend dollars on an SPP rather than drilling now is your chance to buy around those levels

Let's calm down and let the exploration program play out for the rest of this financial year before we start getting carried away with hopes and prayers

Glad I got that off my chest - On a lighter note, while I was in Athens I was looking for some Guiness but they said they had been cleaned out by the dancer from Australia - nice work Gracie - all they have left is Ouzo

Cheers
    IO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.6¢
Change
0.002(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $25.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.4¢ 2.6¢ 2.4¢ $50.84K 1.996M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 751317 2.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.6¢ 6000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.44pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SGQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.