GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Paper Manipulation of gold - James Rickards free pdf, page-3

1. 10,365 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3993
    Yeah,not a bad article.
    The fear of China dumping all its treasuries is way overblown because if US interest rates were forced sharply higher it would cause a huge liquidity crisis crushing economies, including China.
    It would be like biting off one's nose to spite one's face.
    Rickards notes that the US still holds over 8000 tons but considering that an independent audit of US gold stock hasn't been done in a very long time then it looks like wishful thinking to believe they still hold that amount.
    China has been producing over 400 tons of gold for quite a while now and is by far the worlds biggest producer and considering the amount of gold that has been flowing into China over the last couple of decades then it aint rocket science to consider that their reserves have already surpassed that of the US.
    I just don't see a gold backed currency unless its a temporary measure brought on by a western financial collapse to induce confidence.I could certainly see a basket of currencies with the worlds premier independent currency (gold) in it.
    A fully gold backed currency is deflationary.
    I just don't see the Fed wanting an orderly rise in the price of gold.
    We are certainly moving towards a break point as the system is way passed its use by date considering the amount of unpayable debt that has been created and it is only debt creation and confidence that keeps the situation under control.
    Interest rates have begun their march higher.
    The tsunami is on its way.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.