PAR 3.70% 28.0¢ paradigm biopharmaceuticals limited..

PAR and COKEWhuh? What is Mozzarc possibly on about now? How can...

1. 4,105 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6576

PAR and COKE

Whuh? What is Mozzarc possibly on about now? How can there be any similarities whatsoever between a soft drink and

a drug used to address inflammation?

As many people know Coke was partly responsible for giving Santa Claus the Red colour and for adding frivolity and happiness to the St Nick character1.. take a look at the image below (courtesy Coca-Cola Visitor Centre, Atlanta).

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1899/1899097-e5ba050b78a7e09616e9c0e7b35e0807.jpg

It's timely being so close to Christmas that we investigate some parallels between PAR and COKE. Please enjoy this special Christmas PAR related post

Coke was invented in Atlanta, Georgia way back in 1892. But did you know it was invented by a doctor by the name of Dr John Pemberton?

He tried out his formula at his local chemist and the concoction proved to be so successful and enjoyed by those first few customers that he started selling it at 5c a glass.

PARALLEL: We also have a chemical and scientifically deduced (though the base is beechwood, a naturally occurring tree bark) product, we will possibly be able to sell it by the glass, well glass vile that is! wink.png

We wont get just 5 cents for it, possibly around the $200 mark per injection. Just like Coke, in the early days, tried it out on a few select customers, we too have also managed to try this out on a few early sample customers, namely the SAS

program with something around 750 patients so far. I suspect the reaction these SAS patients have had are very similar to the delight that Dr Pemberton’s customers discovered once he allowed a few select customers to sample his formula.

Now in the first year of sales of Coke the average servings were some 9 servings a day. Forward to today? Some 1.9 Billion serves! 2

PARALLEL: As yet, we have NO official servings/sales ...but as mentioned we have the SAS program...maybe we are lucky to be currently having just 1 or 2 of iPPS 'serves' per day on average at the moment? But in the words of Paul our CEO,

once we are in full swing we could expect revenues of up to $9 Billion a year? Paradigmers, this is some 100,000 injections per day...some 36 Million per year. Sure it’s possibly not quite 'Coke' like numbers but it's up there!

Coke relies heavily on a proven product, in terms of taste, in terms of how the product is presented and most importantly how consistent the formula is and how it tastes.

PARALLEL: We wouldn't need such a slick marketing campaign to spread our word...ours is a fundamentally required product. Yes it will bring so much happiness and joy (my views) to suffering patients.

People that are in real pain will give a lot to relieve it and in safe manner. We will have the consistency as it is the one formula that hopefully will be FDA and the other agencies approved and backed.

According to Coke's own website, "Experts have long believed in the connection between happiness and wellness, and Coca‑Cola is proud to have played a part in happy occasions around the globe". 1

PARALLEL: Mate, this connection couldn't be stronger between people that are suffering pain but don't want a solution such as the current std. of care that results in more destruction, adverse events and doesn't at all address the underlying problem! The Wellness that we will provide to many could be off the charts and what happiness will that result in? Don't ask me, ask the SAS patients if they are happy with it. Ask them if they feel wellness now as opposed to what they were experiencing beforehand.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1899/1899072-00f1ddadf492a5d02f8da4a67c22bfaa.jpg

A proven winning formula bringing happiness across the world? Who am I talking about? Coke or iPPS?

The Coke formula and method to produce is one of the most carefully guarded secrets. It is protected by patents but the formula itself is known to just a very small handful of people and is said to be tightly held in a vault.

PARALLEL: Our formula is protected by patents. Yes others may try and copy it at some point but the complexity to produce it being over 150 steps is not an easy feat.

The Bene company in Germany have been consistently producing it since the 1940's. If nothing else we have a number of years where we are protected. FiftyOne Capital gave us an amazing inside view of this manufacturer and added spades to how robust our supplier is. Yes I understand there is single point risk of failure but I’m buoyed by their track record and their commitment to us. I foresee them having backups eventually as we scale.

Of course there are risks in terms of IP and possible a competitor may indeed one day come up with a better formula, maybe a better format (One pill as opposed to our 12 injections)

BUT in my view, we have the head start and if we become the primary standard of care and if we are first to market, I can easily see us having at least 5 years of exclusivity. This will be such an advantage.

WRAP UP

I visited the Coke Visitor Centre in Atlanta two weeks ago and it was inspirational.

I couldn't help but think of what we have, as I read the rich history of this massive company, how they have progressed and what they are today. Coke is a consumer defensive company and the parent company (KO) has a market cap of some $235 USD Billion. I have no idea what we will be worth some day but I reckon it will be large. If CSL after some 19 years can be worth $127 AUD Billion then we have a shot at the stars. (Poolguy, yes I’m on the fringe but I didn’t say it).

Maybe its 5 years away, maybe its 10.

I take this opportunity to wish you a wonderful Festive Season and New Years. Stay safe and remember what we own, well ....I reckon it's the real thing.

DISCLAIMER

You know to do your own research, these are just my opinions. Draw your own parallels and conclusions.

NOTE:
    Apologies for poor formatting, was on a mac and was v. hard to get formatting right!

REFERENCES

1) The True History of the Modern Day Santa Claus: The Coca-Cola CompanyCoca-Cola UNITED·Dec '17

2) https://www.worldofcoca-cola.com/about-us/coca-cola-history/

3) https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/KO/profile?p=KO

Last edited by Mozzarc: 24/12/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.0¢
Change
0.010(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $97.94M
Open High Low Value Volume
27.0¢ 29.0¢ 27.0¢ $150.8K 538.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 53920 27.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.5¢ 28335 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
27.5¢
  Change
0.010 ( 1.85 %)
Open High Low Volume
27.5¢ 29.0¢ 27.5¢ 67814
Last updated 15.53pm 14/05/2024 ?
PAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.