PAR 2.00% 25.5¢ paradigm biopharmaceuticals limited..

PAR and the ESG

1. 4,290 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6804
    Wrong, this isn't an article on Endovascular Stent-Graft and Heart Failure, though that might come in just a handful of years from now as another indication?

Relatively new to us? It's been a bit of a drama filled few days but don't be under the impression that it's always this turbulent....! Here is an older article on Heart Failure and how it all could have any relevance to us investors, though this isn't the topic for tonight!

LINK ----- > Heart Failure and PAR

Nope, tonight's mini topic is a topic I really didn't value all that much when I was back in High School, yeah I was kinda old school with Chem and Bio as far as interesting sciences I undertook. Let's tonight have a sneak peak at this science related topic as our own first science R & D session draws a little closer...

For those that are still wondering, ESG stands for Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance ...also known as sustainable investing. I never forecasted just how big this would one day become in terms of investing and companies moving in this direction. It is becoming not only lucrative but important. As our precious Earthly resources are indeed finite, the environment and company's impacts on the same will not only become more relevant but investors and governments alike will naturally promote and gravitate towards good corporate citizens that make an effort in this area and set themselves apart.

Ok great social conscious Mozz, how the heck is this at all relevant to PAR and my holding? Are you inferring Mozz that the wrapper that the injections come in are bio-degradable?

Not so fast.

MY IMPRESSION

Let me now establish the link...Perhaps somewhat naively, I always thought to extract the magic juice from Beechwood, one must process the whole tree....I envisaged the felling of trees and then literally skinning them to extract the bark at some local lumber mill.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2717/2717388-ff637d020f38f54cac87f1c635b3a2f9.jpg
    Bark extraction method? Not quite this way...read on!

I somewhat justified this in my head without thinking about it too much by way of the huge benefit millions of patients would positively benefit from the drug.I was very happy to learn I am completely wrong!Yep, there is an ESG friendly way to remove bark sustainably from such trees WITHOUT felling them and in fact the bark, not unlike the wool off a sheep's back, re-grows!

Magnificent.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2717/2717398-c9e7797ea4214f127151ab4658f0bd5b.jpg
    An important topic...preservation of the very thing that gives us oxygen? I'm no Greenie but I understand it is an important consideration...

We now have:

1) An unending supply of Beech Bark

2) We have a sustainable way of extraction for the masses we will one day need.

As we heard at the recent AGM, Bene have an entire forest that is registered for their use.

There are entire studies on this sustainable extraction in reference specifically to harvesting bark... the best way to extract the bark depending on the size of the tree, a lot of statistical analysis has been done in this general field by others. Sure this isn't such a huge deal if you are extracting a few kilograms of the stuff, but it becomes a serious and contentious issue when you are talking about preparation for MILLIONS of doses. It may not be a problem for us next month or next year...but it could really be an issue in a few years time. Reference 1 below contains an example of a fairly comprehensive study that was conducted on another type of tree, formulas can be used depending on the harvesting method which in turn depend on many factors such as the species, the location, the age and the size being just some of these considerations.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2717/2717416-9f84e4f808331240d04843ab2bb0c9ae.jpg

Paradigm already are developing an awareness in this field and no doubt it will become more important as we eventually hit the world stage. Good sustainable practices are a vital component for any sourcing of raw material and becomes all the more relevant for a company operating in multi markets and one day, at scale. At this early stage we have a good chance to ensure not only we comply with GMP/GLP (Good manufacturing practices and Laboratory practices) but we are also a good environmentally conscientious company that sustainably sources our raw materials and employ good practices for the benefit of our patients. It will only add value to what you and I own.

DYOR

REFERENCES

1) https://www.researchgate.net/publication/293029585_Sustainable_harvest_methods_for_medicinal_bark_from_trees_a_research_and_development_case_study_from_Benin
    2) https://www.esg.adec-innovations.com/about-us/faqs/what-is-esg-investing/

Last edited by Mozzarc: 08/12/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.5¢
Change
0.005(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $89.19M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.0¢ 25.5¢ 23.5¢ $105.4K 437.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1325 24.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.5¢ 29564 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.