PAR 3.45% 28.0¢ paradigm biopharmaceuticals limited..

PAR - Forget me not!

1. 4,209 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6685
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2549/2549228-9fc4a38526c8157c26bfe9413ec224c6.jpge know that Inflammation is the main perpetrator on which our wonderful drug tames and tempers. Again this has turned out to be another Super special post...my original plan has basically doubled due to further research I came across while exploring the first topic, thus a two part special tonight.

Tonight come with me on a journey of pure discovery as we tackle yet another possible future infliction that you and I may one day solve. When I say "you and I" , I mean the company that we own of course, yes Goldmad, you are quite right, it is a wonderful company to be partner's in. So much more to come, the journey has well and truly started.

Let's firstly have a gander at the Table of Contents:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2549/2549235-e143c072c524f668af1d75efe01c16d1.jpg

PROLOGUE

I get excited as I know what's coming, we are definitely armed with the knowledge and the plentiful good quality education that's out there already on PAR and iPPS. It is knowledge that empowers us. We know some of the typical hurdles a company can face. New to PAR and Mozz's world of research? Maybe start here then to get a better sense of what an investor should look for when scouting for the next big thing ----->

MOAT AND THE RECIPE FOR SUCCESS 1
    MOAT AND THE RECIPE FOR SUCCESS 2

That's not the end of my Moat series though, got another one coming up in a few weeks time that will add a little more pizzazz to this interesting topic. The Moat Part 3 will be an inspiration, it is for me as I gather some additional motivational material.

INTRODUCTION

Alzheimer's is a very serious condition that eventually results in the total degradation of someone's life. A good friend of the family's has gone through this fairly recently - it's a very sad situation, going from a bright, very sociable and connected lady to her current form, unable to speak or perform simple tasks, loss over motor skills...a devastating condition and a virtual complete shutdown of the brain.

A COMPLEXITY PRIMER

How complex is the brain?Do you know where I am going with this one?I have had many emails of late and a couple of wry faxes too, demanding that I do not drop the Mozz © quizzes out of these posts, so back by popular demand....

QUESTION: How many connections does the human brain have?

A) Right, no more feeble Answer A's, Gone are those days.... 10 Billion is my strong starting answer!

B) 14 Billion?

C) 50 Billion?

D) Something north of...well, all of those above answers combined!?

Yes Paradigmers, you were all quite close....who guessed 1,000 TRILLION! 1 *Faint* Gee that's a lot.
    That figure is so darned large I need to express it another way, I remember this fact from about 10 years ago (yes I retain some crazy facts, remind me to tell you about the Dog fact some day, I'll weave it into a future Mozz Post)....it is the equivalent of giving EVERY New Yorker 10,000 pieces of string and telling them to connect each one to 10,000 random other New Yorkers, then take that entire network and multiply it by 10,000...that is the Human Brain.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2538/2538951-47d16cf8cb47c3c0aa5f0dfbd56afb07.jpghttps://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2538/2538959-df193d56fe833ae02d2d9cfff5412379.jpg
    Impossible to capture the sheer size in one pic with some 9 million inhabitants...I give you New York! Ok, now let's grab some string!?

Let me tell you here and publically, if iPPS is shown to have any quantifiable success against something like Alzheimer's and the complexity of neurological diseases...it's going to be some sort of massive find. Don't forget, there ALREADY IS SOME EFFICACY of IPPS that has been shown as far as the brain is concerned? Proof? Read this if you haven't already -----> MAD COW'S DISEASE

That link covers a bit more on the Blood Brain Barrier and how iPPS for a neurological condition HAS ALREADY been attempted and yes, there was some success!

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2549/2549302-00978bfdc4cc64c9c8bf95accac72ca2.jpg

A very complex biological beast with quite a few connections!

THE DETAIL

Alzheimer's is not just a 'forgetfulness' disease...unfortunately it kills and is the fifth leading cause of death among those aged 65 and older. It is not only a devastating disease and occurs in numbers...the rate of proliferation is on the increase.

"Between 2000 and 2018, the number of deaths from Alzheimer's disease as recorded on death certificates has more than doubled, increasing 146%, while the number of deaths from the number one cause of death (heart disease) decreased 7.8%."2

It destroys memory and other important mental functions. It is the brain cell connections that are degenerated and die.

TREATMENTS?

There is no cure.The best drugs to date may temporarily improve some symptoms.

NUMBERS?

Unfortunately the short answer is a lot.Some 5 million Americans of all ages suffer from this nasty condition though 80% are 75 or older.2 Sorry girls, but some two-thirds of Americans with Alzheimer's are women. As I said, if we show even some sort of efficacy in this area it will be outstanding...it costs the US some $305 Billion dollars a year and that's from the Alzheimer's Association web site itself. This figure is set to increase markedly over the next decade.

WHAT THEN IS THE CONNECTION?

All well and good Mr Mozz...I want to know how at all it is related to us?

Well that's easy, the link is all in the very first line of this post, yep, that's the clue.....What?Inflammation?I still don't get the link?Paradigmers...Alzheimer's is an INFLAMMATORY condition!I don't wear a lab coat....I haven't got a degree from Harvard on my back wall, though I do have a special EDSKI PAR HC certificate that I will frame one day.... what I mean is I'm no scientist and so when I read that Alzheimer's is inflammatory, my eyes went round like Owls eyes and I tilted my head to make sure it read the same from every angle!

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2535/2535063-dac5c409b7f28020d05b4f930dd27559.jpg
    Yep, that was me when I first read about Alzheimer's and Inflammation! I'm not sure about the wise part, but my eyes were big!

Mozz, where oh where did you learn about this connection? This is not something to be taken lightly...Here is the link:

"Runaway inflammation has also been implicated in the formation of Alzheimer’s disease. And there’s ample evidence that stress-related hormones - namely cortisol - can further instigate inflammation and fuel some of these chronic conditions". 3

I've read that above quote no less than 4 times now...a little adrenaline rushes through my system as I think just how amazing our drug is and what it could one day do. Paradigmers, it's runaway inflammation, we don't have to STOP and snuff out ALL of it, we can just affect it a few percentage points, it might be enough to give relief one day, specially when considering how important the brain is and protecting or prolonging even just a few single digit percentage of those many connections?

Part 2 will cover some further amazing material including, but not limited to, how brushing your teeth has absolutely ANYTHING at all to do with tonight's topic and our DRUG that YOU are a part owner in!? (If you don't have some exposure to PAR after reading Mozz research I'm not going to be very happy...not advice but you need some exposure and before it is too late. (My views, DYOR before investing)
    Last edited by Mozzarc: 11/10/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.0¢
Change
-0.010(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $97.94M
Open High Low Value Volume
29.0¢ 29.5¢ 28.0¢ $40.10K 140.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 135929 28.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.5¢ 20969 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.