PAR 3.45% 28.0¢ paradigm biopharmaceuticals limited..

PAR - Forget me not!, page-2

1. 4,209 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6686

PAR - FORGET ME NOT! - PART 2

In part 1 I introduced the nasty infliction of Alzheimer's and saw how big it actually is, we also looked back a little as there has been some evidence of the efficacy of iPPS in a disease known as vCJD (Mad Cow's in Humans). Now in Part 2 be prepared for some additional research and how exactly it can pertain to us and the wonderful action of iPPS including a surprise connection involving the health of your teeth!

I enjoy researching about OUR company...about what OUR drug can do, the potential for us....but I try not to rely on just ONE source of info. What else is out there? In terms of research? Mozz always wants more... Well that's how I discovered this next bit....

WHAT HAS GUM DISEASE GOT TO DO WITH ALZHEIMER'S?

This is the link. Gum disease known as P Gingivali (I remember some sort of toothpaste or dentist ad on tv mentioning Gingivitis in the past) occurs and essentially they are enzymes that are produced as part of this condition. These nasty fellows/toxins enter into the blood stream and this is where it gets worse. They are small enough to enter into the brain via the blood stream and there has been links to dementia. Horrible. But what a learning...what a discovery...and yes, you're right, it is an inflammatory action that is involved.

Source? Let me quote directly, read it for yourself:

"P. gingivalis may directly damage the brain. We already know that Alzheimer’s involves inflammation, an excessive immune response that ends up killing neurons instead of protecting them. P. gingivalis is known to cause inflammation in gum tissue, and it may do so in the brain as well." 4

So what I'm reading is that if you have gum disease, if you are missing teeth, there is a higher chance of dementia....

"The inflammation and toxins caused by P. gingivalis damage the lining of your mouth, which may make it possible for oral bacteria to enter the bloodstream and then other organs."

Jeepers Paradigmers, think of the mechanism of action ....gum disease, leads to excessive enzymes that produce and secrete toxins that in -turn cause inflammation in the gums and possibly in the brain and other organs.

What do you know and own that reduces and addresses inflammation in a safe way?

IPPS

This leads us into the next topic....

STRESS AND DEPRESSION

So we suspect and are are starting to learn that there are links between stress related inflammation as well as depression. There is research that has linked inflammation to mental health disorders. Without a clinical trial and observations, we won't know how much something like iPPS can be of benefit but we do have ample evidence of it's excellent effect on Chronic inflammation to date, the next logical step is to one day pursue these types of avenues.

Amazing stuff? You bet. Imagine what a truly household name we just could be one fine day in the future.

LONELINESS TOO?

Well it is a form of mental condition and well being...or, not well being.

"Some researchers suggest that loneliness and social isolation lead to poorer health because they increase inflammation. Inflammation is when your body tells your immune system to produce chemicals to fight off infection or injury. It can also occur when you experience psychological or social stress." 5

I've also heard from other sources that loneliness also can also lead to inflammation...See this article for more info on this link:

LONELINESS AND INFLAMMATION

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2549/2549337-a16d4064c7bb417e0fc759eb57d7b718.jpg
    Don't stay lonely, do something about it, break out of the rut.

How topical is this with the advent of Covid and lockdowns?
    If anyone out there reading this is lonely, do not feel that way! There is help, follow this link --- > HELP

EDITOR'S NOTE

This again, like so many other articles I have researched for in the past was one topic leading to another...I had heard of stress and loneliness having inflammation connotations which was mind boggling enough in itself, I heard this from an ABC documentary some time ago...I then got onto Alzheimer's which was the eye opener for me but I had also known about and posted on Mad Cow's so I suspected there would be some link in terms of inflammation....then I inadvertently came across the research with gum disease and dementia and again, the common link of inflammation runs right through them all. This is our forte.

DISCLAIMERS

Lot's involved here, the brain is a complex beast, best to do your own research and not rely on just one avid poster! I'm not saying that iPPS will cure Alzheimer's or related conditions, I am saying that it at least gives us options to pursue this some time in the future. We may one day get a partner to help us pursue such conditions with further valuable research, perhaps it is shown that iPPS can actually assist in such areas or at least positively affect some patients that have early onset indications of this nasty condition?

I do hope the link between gum disease, Alzheimer's and iPPS is explored more in detail at some future point. You know how I feel about our company, definitely worthwhile conducting your own research and forming your own opinions. Never invest too much in one area or indeed one stock or one investment class...no doubt it is healthy having a good allocation to this one though, of course that's just my view!

FINAL WORD

Oh, and brush your teeth and gums every morning and every night, don't have to be aggressive, just a mild gentle brush but keep them healthy. Go visit a dentist every 6 months, it's the plaque you want to remove, as that's where these little nasties thrive and release their deadly toxins! Tell your partner, your kids, your neighbour and your friends, then you can mention these stories and finally tell them about PAR...not sure if they will listen...there will be a point where the mass market will listen but by that time I'm hoping the share price might just be a touch above where it is today. Want and need more info? Check out reference 4 below. Was an insight. Finally, this is the one paragraph you probably shouldn't forget, it might just save you from future memory loss!?

REFERENCES

1] https://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/24/opinion/sunday/the-next-frontier-is-in-your-brain.html
    2] https://www.alz.org/alzheimers-dementia/facts-figures#:~:text=More%20than%205%20million%20Americans%20of%20all%20ages%20have%20Alzheimer's,10%25)%20has%20Alzheimer's%20dementia.
    3] https://time.com/5235368/what-is-inflammation/
    4] https://www.newscientist.com/article/2191814-we-may-finally-know-what-causes-alzheimers-and-how-to-stop-it/#:~:text=We%20already%20know%20that%20Alzheimer's,in%20the%20brain%20as%20well.
    5] https://theconversation.com/social-isolation-linked-to-higher-levels-of-inflammation-new-study-132564#:~:text=Some%20researchers%20suggest%20that%20loneliness,experience%20psychological%20or%20social%20stress.
    Last edited by Mozzarc: 11/10/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.0¢
Change
-0.010(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $97.94M
Open High Low Value Volume
29.0¢ 29.5¢ 28.0¢ $40.10K 140.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 135929 28.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.5¢ 20969 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.